• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **Coming This Monday**

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
    Originally posted by Beagle
    Upgrades are over rated.
    I think I can agree with this when it comes to this forum. vBulletin might be more advanced and offer more stuff, but this comes with a price aswell.

The only things I really miss here is a date-sorted Search-function, and a YouTube-embed function.
    But I see on their site the SMF-forum is already upto version 2 now, and it seems one only has to 'post' a link to a YouTube-movie now, and it will automaticly appear in the posting. No special BB-codes needed.
    My direct gripes with the V8Buick vBulletin format:
    1) The Search function flat sucks. It's just like a google search no way to further filter it down (like by section or poster).
    2) The box to enter your replys is waaay too small, particularly if you are putting pictures in. I personally don't need to see the picture in the reply box, particularly when the picture doesn't fit in anyway in the reply box, the image link is fine for me, that's what the preview button's for. I don't like the popup menu for entering the picture either, but I guess it would be simpler for others.
    3) Viewing the current replies/posts. Their system shows the last threads since your last visit, which I have found a pain in the ass particularly when I have to go back to the main page to refresh the list. I much more prefer this last ten pages of posts rather than threads, and I can just hit refresh/F5 to update it. I've ran into problems replying to a thread only to loose the list of threads I haven't looked at yet, and now have no idea what was missed with out going through all the boards (which is huge there :-\, but not so much an issue here ).

If those three things are addressed in your customizations of vBulletin, then I'll have no complaints
    Ok, found the advanced search. Turned out to be right in front of me :-X
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
    X