• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pansy weakass tool rant

snap on vs eating and housing ?
    hmm , if I didn't have kids ...........

Comment

this past monday I had a pile (ok well 3 extensions ,a couple sockets,a screw driver and a piston hammer) all snap on laying on my box
      the dealer comes in on mondays see's them shakes his head and grabs my junk and goes back to the truck lol

the hammer the intern at the shop used(don't know on what as it is a piston hammer) and ran over and broke the handle
      the extensions i snaped off and the sockets and screwdriver were just wore out
      that is what I like them but the price will kill ya lol
      he tried to sell me a 2 foot 1/2 drive flex head rachet for who knows how much ( I was working not listening to him) I opened my top drower on my box and there is one there he says "But this one is new " lol
      but anyway I do love the service with them and some of the others that come to the shop

Comment

lol @ me being on his third 1/2 drive snap on impact, oh he loves me on that one
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

back in jan. the big snap on 1/2 ratchet broke at the worse time , causing me to tear ligaments in my ankle that still aint right. wonder if they will warranty that.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
            that's why whatever tool I buy it comes with 2 important things:
            1) a lifetime warranty
            2) a window to throw it through if they don't honor said warranty.
            Today I got my revenge. The ratchet in photo was a nice one..lifetime guarantee..all was good except for that darn ratcheting mecahinism in the middle.. I pulverize those things. So... keeping the good pieces, I let it have some carbon mig weld. It broke free a nut stuck at least 150 foot pounds today...The axle nut was so tight, I was spinning the tire while car had full weight on it. It finally gave in...I could only guess how many foot pounds it takes, to spin a tire...

I wonder what I made here. :
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

you need the 36 in breaker bar I have

over 200 large in snap on tools - screw owning a home and a nice car

Comment

almost 200 bucks to snap wheel studs

Comment

I still think craftman is a great value for the money but if I could sell my ratchets for half the price of new ones I would and buy something else that has a warranty that gets replaced at the store . Stanley also owns mac tools.Dan which would you say is more premium?

Comment

The only 1/2 inch breaker bar I've ever had, I still have. I inherited it from Grandpa. Don't know who made it. Never noticed, or looked.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X