Ol' Blue got new shoes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ol' Blue got new shoes....

Well damn....I had a screw in one tire and a nail in the other...and I have to drive 100 miles of dirt road in 24 hours to chaperone a middle school camping trip....took it to discount tire to get them fixed (knowing that I would soon need new tires) and they would not fix it due to the wear...Big O wouldt touch it either....so....Back to discount...they gave me a "fair" deal on 4 new BFG....I did not have enough money in the old sock to buy them out right but they do have a 6 months same as cash deal right now so I will pay them off in about a week when the tax return shows up....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Ol' Blue got new shoes....

Looks good. They BFG A/Ts last forever, so you did good. My friends jeep had 90k on them.

Comment

Damn Joe, you should have asked, I got a hook-up on tires. I got Yoko Geolanders that retail for $185 a piece for $125.

Anyway nice tires.

Comment

The real question is, have you properly tested them out yet?

Comment

Thanks for the offer TC, I have a buddy who gets me TOYO's @ cost but this was a last minute thing....I had no time to order them, mount the balance them and all that...I needed them for tomorrow morning....so....I let them do it and was in and out in 20 minutes.....the ride nice, handle well....and I will be off road with them tomorrow so I will see how they do on the trail
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

good tire to stick to. I have four bfg at least 15 years old.. and could go get a spare with same exact appearance today. That is too rare for alot of treads.

In contrast I have four nokians hakka 1, extinct, 160 a piece.. and can do nothing but let all four go when one goes bad. Sickening. >
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nice tires, Joe!

I had a set of those on my Silverado....good tires, but went to price a set. $850 just for 4 stinkin' tires...not including tax, mount/balance. Same price no matter who I called(well, 4 Wheel performance wanted $925...asked them if they "smoked" their lunch that day, and promptly hung up).

My $588 Coopers do me fine.....Joe, have fun with the chaperoning duties tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                Nice tires, Joe!

I had a set of those on my Silverado....good tires, but went to price a set. $850 just for 4 stinkin' tires...not including tax, mount/balance. Same price no matter who I called(well, 4 Wheel performance wanted $925...asked them if they "smoked" their lunch that day, and promptly hung up).

My $588 Coopers do me fine.....Joe, have fun with the chaperoning duties tomorrow!
                I am stupid and stick with what I know...and I know BFG AT's and TOYO long trails wear like rocks...but ride well....so I dropped the 900 bills for 315/75/16's put about 80 miles on them today and man what a difference tires with tread make....I am gonna like these....

Comment

Working...
                X