Unmarked police cruisers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unmarked police cruisers.

If it's an unmarked car....just hammer the gas....drive it like you stole it. When you get to your house, jump out with your cell phone in your hand and yell "KING'S X" and run in the house and lock the door.....

You know right away if it was a real cop or not....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

here we have marked vics and impalas, and unmarked chargers, suv's, jeeps, 4th gen camaro, 5th gen camaro and a fox body and a sn95
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I'd like to take that tint meter to all these unmarked and marker cop cars.. illegal is iilegal..
        also unmarked cars around here, the f bodys and mustangs and a charger, have been vid taped egging on a car then pulling it over..
        they pull that crap on rt3 all the time..
        if I was a woman and an unmarked was pulling me over I'd be on 911 to check before I pulled over and shut off the car,,
        EVEN real cops in unmarked have used the cars to rape women, by pulling you over but not calling it in..
        calling 911 fixes all that.. sad you have to do it. but even some cops are dirty.

Comment

There aren't a whole lot of unmarked crusiers in TN that I have noticed. That is, having already pulled somebody over with lights flashing.

But in SC, when they bust a drug dealer, they take everything - house, cars, etc. And if the car is nice enough, and it usually is, they convert it into an undressed Highway Patrol car. Man, you can't tell a cop car from another in SC until it lights up. Corvettes, Beamers, SUV's, anything. They've got it all.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I was laughing out loud to myself on the highway today....

Saw an unmarked car cruising along... with 'livery' plates... DEAD OBVIOUS STATE POLICE VEHICLE. It was a white crown vic with the cop car wheels & hupcaps that ONLY trooper vehicles have... it even had the dang cop spotlight by the driver's mirror. It had a cheesy magnetic sticker on the door that said "Downtown Taxi Service" with no phone number, and no other cab markings. Waaaay to new to be a cab, too... NOT an ex-cop car auction cab.

Driven by a rather large, grumpy state-trooper looking dude with a bullet-proof vest and a police-academy flattop haircut. Obviously disgruntled that he wasn't fooling anyone.... Everybody was giving him funny looks. It was hilarious how hard someone worked at trying to 'blend' in and not look like a cop..... only to FAIL spectacularly.

Seems like the minimum age for a civilian "non-cop" driver of a Ford Crown Vic up here is about 85 years old... I was giggling all the way to work. Guy stood out like a sore thumb.

Comment

the feds and county cops have a legit looking yellow cab around here

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                There aren't a whole lot of unmarked crusiers in TN that I have noticed. That is, having already pulled somebody over with lights flashing.

But in SC, when they bust a drug dealer, they take everything - house, cars, etc. And if the car is nice enough, and it usually is, they convert it into an undressed Highway Patrol car. Man, you can't tell a cop car from another in SC until it lights up. Corvettes, Beamers, SUV's, anything. They've got it all.
                When I was in Toronto, the cops had a fleet of non-cop cars they used for busts. Since Crown Vics are only sold to police fleets, it's pretty obvious who's driving. Just imagine the shock the local low-life dealer gets when a rusted-out Ford Tempo pulls up and four cops with sub-machine guns jump out--and yes, I saw that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  the feds and county cops have a legit looking yellow cab around here
                  I work just off the GW Bridge across from NYC (Fort Lee, NJ). Two weeks ago an 'uncover' car pulled over an SUV with a swarmy looking dude. The police livery = dark 1990 Accord with blacked out windows, emergency lights behind windshield, backlight and grill. The 'man' was also in street clothes. Back up marked car from local constable pulled up within a minute. Mr Uncover seemed to mean business but I have no idea what authority he represented (since GWB - could be one of many) - the 'take away' - don't mess around on or near that bridge :o
                  a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

A friend of mine was recently tailed and followed into his own driveway by an unmarked cop. He claimed my friend was speeding, which is very likely although he has yet to get a ticket for it, the bastard.

im not sure of all the details but my friend just responded calmly while this guy flips out saying he should have pulled over. He wasn't even aware the guy was a cop. He sped up b/c he thought the cop was tailgating, but the cop kept up with him, freaking him out even further, like he was following.

Can't trust a Crown Vic...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      I've told this story before but the one and only time I ever decided to race someone on a highway, it was an unmarked Mass state trooper. It was 1998. I was in my 1988 Camaro (TPI 350, cam - headers) and he was in a blacked out 1998 Camaro SS. Side by side at 110mph and he hammers the brakes, pulls in behind me and hits the lights....I pulled over.

I paid a MASSIVE ticket, got killed on my insurance, and got reamed by the parental units (I had just graduated high school).

I can laugh about it now....then it was tragic.
                      Hold the phone. You mean to tell me a cop was engaged in a speed contest with you and then wrote you a ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
                        Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        I've told this story before but the one and only time I ever decided to race someone on a highway, it was an unmarked Mass state trooper. It was 1998. I was in my 1988 Camaro (TPI 350, cam - headers) and he was in a blacked out 1998 Camaro SS. Side by side at 110mph and he hammers the brakes, pulls in behind me and hits the lights....I pulled over.

I paid a MASSIVE ticket, got killed on my insurance, and got reamed by the parental units (I had just graduated high school).

I can laugh about it now....then it was tragic.
                        Hold the phone. You mean to tell me a cop was engaged in a speed contest with you and then wrote you a ticket?
                        Sort of happened to a guy I used to work with. Not the smartest fellow, mind you, but he was driving along about 80 on the interstate when a marked TN trooper blew his doors off in the left lane. So what did he do? He fell in behind. They didn't make it far at 100 mph when the trooper turned on the lights and slowed down and pulled my buddy over FROM THE FRONT. My buddy argues that the trooper didn't have his flashing lights on, so he must not be responding to a call, so.....he lost a lot of cash and points that day.

This is the same guy that got nailed in TN by a trooper sitting in a spider hole beside the interstate. He was going about 85 and when the trooper caught up and pulled him over my buddy said, "Sooooo, what did it take to wake you up?"

More money and points. Brilliant political strategy at best.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's still Entrapment.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                            Call 911 and get dispatch to verify that the car behind you is a officer, or proceed to a safe / well lit / public place before stopping
                            .... and then get a ticket for sure !
                            :P

Comment

Most states have statutes that address and allow L/E to violate the law (traffic) to obtain further evidence of violations and to apprehend the violator.....

Entrapment?...maybe. Necessary?....I think so....
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X