Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MOST YOU would pay for a Nova 4-Door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The MOST YOU would pay for a Nova 4-Door?

Wow,that's amazing. I hope there's some room left over for my stuff(one day... :...)over there :D! Meanwhile,I'll be leaving the Car alone for the time being. I'm about to start work on the 68-Z/28,I'm putting in a 307/3-Speed combo I've had for a loonnng time. Hey,a 307 IS "Bigger" than the origional 302 was,anyway ;D. The Engine still has the origional 2-Barrel Intake,but I've added a 500cfm "Circle-Track" 2-Barrel Carb. The Transmission is the origional 3-Speed(this combo came out of a '72 Camaro which was being 'Rodded'...I paid $100 for the pair...)which is better than no speed at all :D ;). I have no 'real' interest in Racing/Hacking/Cutting up the Z,and in time I 'may' put in something better. To be honest,I DID think about removing the whole Engine/Transmission/Rad & Frame Mounts from the Black Sedan and plop the whole shebang into a '70 Nova Carbody I have sitting here. I would then plop the Motown Engine into the Black '69. Who knows. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
      Well Kiddies,I made 'an offer and it WAS accepted. I left them with $500 as a down payment. I offered 'em $4500 for it. I'll pay the rest 'an pick 'er up on Saturday. Meanwhile,another 'Car Hoarder' down the Street saw what was going on,and told me about a freind of His who was selling off 'a bunch of old Cars.' The 'friend' lives out near Reading P.A.,and He also happens to own a used Car Lot. Anyway,the Man's Father had passed away last December,and now the Son was selling off 'some stuff'. "Stuff" includes:-A rare '64 Chevelle 2-Door Wagon(no Engine/Trans..)various "Cafe-Racer-style" Motorcycles,a Big-Block '73 Corvette,a 50-K 'Origional' '63 Ford Fairlane 500 Wagon,a rusty,yet complete( though never taken apart...)"Split-Bumper" "72 Camaro 350/4-Speed,a matching #'s LS-5 '70 Chevelle,a '69 Buick Wildcat Sedan,along with some other stuff too numerous to mention. The Guy gave Me His Friend's 'Phone Number-----1-610-779-0344. So,if anybody here is interested,give 'em a Buzz . ~J/W.
      Hey, I know who that is! We just did some door work at that place not two weeks ago!
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

It's R&B Auto Sales,Reading,P.A.. I checked the Number as well as looked in the local AUTO LOCATOR Paper. ~J/W.

Comment

Maybe I'll call tomorrow... any idea what they're asking for the 64 wagon?
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

According to 'Gene',He was told all the Cars have been owned by the Father/Son for 'years'. I don't know anymore than that. But I was also told that the Owner "knows that times are tough,so,the stuff has been priced accordingly." "Just make Him an offer." So,there ya have it. ~J/W.

Comment

It's home ;D ;D!! What a day! I went up with the Landlord & one of His Brother's. The seller's prices were SO low,even Joe came home with something,that 'something' being 'an origional Paint(Medium Blue...)'61 Galaxie Wagon(390/3-Speed on-the-tree...with a VERY 'sick' Clutch....that's gonna need fixin'....),for ONLY $4000-K :o! Meanwhile,I'm still AMAZED at the history of this thing. For a Car with NO options,this Car has it's own DIARY.....TWO COPY-BOOKS WORTH of stories,info,the day-by-day doings of the Car when it was being used,however,it was seldom 'used'. When the seller,got the Car,some things DID need to be replaced,the Master-Cylinder & the Water-Pump,the Oil was also changed. In the Trunk,was the old Parts in the replacement's Boxes. The origional T3 Bulbs,'Spring-Ring' Battery Cables,AND the origional Packard Plug Wires are still there under the Hood,working just like they alway's have. The Shock Absorbers WERE replaced at one point(by K-Mart...in 1982 :o ;D!...)and Gawd Damn if those Shocks are the cleanest things under the Car! Origionally sold new at Hoffman Cheverolet on 12-09-69 for the final price of $2140,according to the Car's 'Diary',She had just 6 Miles on the Odometer whe it was taken Home to Nutly N.J. where it then spent the rest of it's life....doing very little. Like the Landlord & His Brother said:-"If that Car was Human,it would've been a Teamster" ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Glad you got your car home ,its neat to get one with such a history. Not being mean , but it would be nice to see pics someday.

Comment

I have given up on JW's posts....Its like being 16, in the back seat with the hottest chick in school...going to town...then right before the big moment the police come knocking on the window...

Not to say that I think JW's opinions and stories are a waste...thats not the case..they are just like my life...anticipation builds and then...nothing but dissapointment....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                  X