Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wondered which do you have more of - timeslips or tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wondered which do you have more of - timeslips or tickets?

I'm not sure what exactly to make of this, but I thought I might share my brother's demented thinking here. We were talking about what makes a car a street car vs a race can and he said you should have more tickets than timeslips. Since he tossed anything in the 12s or slower, the tickets won, but when we used to run 13/14/15s we used to get 10-15 runs in each time we went. The demented part comes in this weird poster one of his buddies (with a printing shop) put together for him to display at car shows.

I've witnessed many of these. After taking a stunt driving school class (he was a stunt man for a while) he put the car into a bunch of wild donuts at speed and came out of it under control. When he got home, the police were there waiting with 7 tickets - 6 for improper lane usage (determined by the spiralgraph he left behind) and 1 for excessive speeding (because he was gone when the smoke cleared so they couldn't follow him). He also once got 3 tickets in 3 different states in one day on a Chicago-CA road trip (Iowa, Nebraska, and Nevada).

Sorry for this pretty ridiculous post.
    Tampa, FL

Re: Ever wondered which do you have more of - timeslips or tickets?

It's no more rediculous than anything else we post haha. Plus that Camaro is nice too.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

He's a wild one - must have a good job to pay for all those tickets and parts too !
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Seems like a guy i would like to know ;D.

Comment

I fail miserably, never even been pulled over in the 55 in 70k+ miles

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

more timeslips! ive probly been pulled over 25 or 30 times in
            my life but only got 4 tickets but LOTS of warnings. being nice
            to the police has paid off, better to just admit when you mess up!!!!
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I'm in the same boat. More slips than tickets and a lot of pull-overs with no ticket. I do have a PhD in traffic safety in a half-dozen states. It's nice to have something to fall back on in these hard times. ;)

This is probably one that's good to fail.
              Tampa, FL

Comment

lol :D
                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I have a lot more tickets than timeslips myself, once I got speeding, excessive wheel spin, no insurance, no proof of ownership and no seat belt in one stop along with an impounded car. I did a 45 MPH rolling burnout hehe... young and dumb at 19, didn't even see the cop sitting there, he says I went past him smoking tires. that was in Arkansas, about 10-15 miles away, a whole different attitude over there.
                  with that said, I am very fortunate to live where I do, not super populated and the cops are very laid back and pretty nice about hotrodding overall. I do not know how much longer it can stay this way, times are changing fast. It has changed so much since I was 16, those were really the good days, you could still run open headers and sometimes you could talk a cop into clocking you in the quarter.... even had an on duty cop come to my house and set up a street race before. if you guys only knew

Comment

Working...
                  X