Finkosel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finkosel

I'm sure there are many junkies on here that never heard of Rat Fink but for many of us baby boomers the monster hotrod cartoon t-shirts of Ed Roth made a lasting impression. Well there is a guy named Chuck Kaparich from Montana that started building a wooden carousel with Ed Roth figures over 6 years ago. It’s now done an on its way to the Detroit Autorama for it preview. Get a peek at the finished product and construction shots at http://finkosel.homestead.com/files/index.htm

Re: Finkosel

I've been following this for quite a while, too bad I'm not going to Detroit this year. I would have loved to see it and Denise's car at the Autorama

Comment

That's awesome! I'd expect it to be faster though. 8)

Comment

Roth

Roth "toys" were huge best-sellers in the early-mid-late '60s!!

Used to get those green plastic Roth "Monster" figurines & the Roth paints

and brushes you'd buy separately to detail their bulging eyes & veins.

There were a dozen (at least) in that line-up, & especially remember

doing one that was a guy with a potbelly, straining to lift a bending barbell.

Another was the boxer with one hugely swollen eye. Another was a surfer-dude.

And of course, the whole RatFink craze...you could get a "RatFink" *anything*
        during that fad's tenure...lots of high-school girls got into Roth's "cute lil' mousies".

Revell musta made millions from all the Roth car model kits.

Sadly, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth never made the kinds of money from his work as did others.

Comment

Originally posted by 72_Ventura
          That's awesome! I'd expect it to be faster though. 8)
          Spoken like a true carjunkie Mike. Some things are supposed to be slow, or so Melodee tells me. :

Comment

It's Adam, actually. I get Mike alot, though. I must look like one. It was my dad's name and my middle name, so I don't mind.
            I also don't expect you to remember after a 30 minute meeting.
            I think I only remember yours because it's uncommon.

Comment

Re: Roth

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
              Roth "toys" were huge best-sellers in the early-mid-late '60s!!

Used to get those green plastic Roth "Monster" figurines & the Roth paints

and brushes you'd buy separately to detail their bulging eyes & veins.

There were a dozen (at least) in that line-up, & especially remember

doing one that was a guy with a potbelly, straining to lift a bending barbell.

Another was the boxer with one hugely swollen eye. Another was a surfer-dude.

And of course, the whole RatFink craze...you could get a "RatFink" *anything*
              during that fad's tenure...lots of high-school girls got into Roth's "cute lil' mousies".

Revell musta made millions from all the Roth car model kits.

Sadly, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth never made the kinds of money from his work as did others.
              Yeah I did a few of the Wierdos Dragnuts and such mixing them into other vehicles. Mostly into the t-shirt, little posters and even the plastic German helmets back then. Anything that annoyed my parents and teachers. I always saw RF as the anti Mickey Mouse. Just never were enough of us to justify something like Finkland.
              But Big Daddy was a better business man than most artists. His t-shirt and other junk sales financed some wild cars that he built. And I think his VW & V8 trikes were a commercial success they others ripped off his designs.

Comment

Originally posted by 72_Ventura
                It's Adam, actually. I get Mike alot, though. I must look like one. It was my dad's name and my middle name, so I don't mind.
                I also don't expect you to remember after a 30 minute meeting.
                I think I only remember yours because it's uncommon.
                Sorry Adam, come on the the MM cause I think it's Mike that owes me the beers :-\

Comment

Well, if either one of us shows up, we'll have a trunk full!

Comment

Thats Funny, The Craftsmanship is Excellent.

Comment

Chuck and Steve are very good friends of mine and are staying at my place while here in Detroit for the Autorama. The guys and the Finkosel will be in my driveway tomorrow. I can't hardly want to see them!

Comment

If they have any last minute details to finish, our shop is right down the road from you. Call me if you need anything.586-612-2373

I'll look for you friday.
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I remember these rat fink dudes, does that make me old?

Comment

WOW!!!
                            I looked at each of the in process pics.WOW is all i can say.That is a work of art. Lots of talent there.

Comment

Originally posted by std
                              If they have any last minute details to finish, our shop is right down the road from you. Call me if you need anything.586-612-2373
                              I'll look for you friday.
                              Thanks bud. They spent the night in MN last night and have about 800 miles to Detroit today. What we need is a plow to remove the snow from my driveway so they can get their truck in there. :o ;D

I can't stress to folks enough that you need to take this once in a lifetime opportunity to see it in Detroit this weekend cuz trust me when I tell you it will be a once in a lifetime...and that's all I can say right now about it. ;D

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X