• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are throttle cables unsafe?

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
    Originally posted by dieselgeek
    Originally posted by IRONHEAD
    Originally posted by Pumpkin
    Alex, you do realize you're arguing with somebody that actually does rocket science?
    does that make him , correct 100% of the time? :-\
    he's correct this time, and most of the time IMO. CTX can be cantankerous but as a poster, IMO he's full of good info and trustworthy.

Meanwhile, had Alex read the link he posted (I always do!), he'd see how he got owned as Delphi advertises a number of different systems for different engines. Anyways, it's hard to pin him down because as soon as you win one point he slides onto the next unrelated argument and pretends that you are losing still.
    And if you would have looked you would have seen that most of the other systems they sell are for small engines, you know 1, 2, 3, and 4 cylinders. Of course they won't need a complex system like what is need to run a V8 when running a 1 cylinder. In fact only one system is used on V8's and it is compatible with 4 and 6 cylinders to. Or did you not bother to read each of the systems they sell like I did?? ;)
    there he goes with the "argue something different then pretend he's winning" thing again. :D

oh and, in answer to your next post TC - you are the one who claimed that "VCM is Industry Standard Terminology" - well, last I checked, Delphi was indeed part of the industry. Thus, wrong again Alex.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

oh and, in answer to your next post TC - you are the one who claimed that "VCM is Industry Standard Terminology" - well, last I checked, Delphi was indeed part of the industry. Thus, wrong again Alex.
      Well sometimes a quote is worth a thousand words.
      The most common acronyms you'll find when dealing with the engine management system are the following:

ECM: Engine Control Module
      PCM: Powertrain Control Module
      VCM: Vehicle Control Module
      TCM: Transmission Control Module

Initially we called our product PCM Suite. This was fine but GM is moving more toward the VCM terminology for future vehicles and thus we decided we should go with VCM right off the bat to avoid confusion later on down the road.

VCM is just the newer computer unit that you'll find controlling your vehicles functionality. Our product still works without hitch on the PCM equipped vehicles that you'll typically find between 1997 and 2003.
      The most common acronyms you'll find when dealing with the engine management system are the following: ECM: Engine Control Module PCM: Powertrain Control Module VCM: Vehicle Control Module TCM: Transmission Control Module Initially we called our product PCM Suite. This was fine but GM is moving more toward the VCM terminology for future vehicles and thus we decided we should go with VCM right off the bat to avoid confusion later on down the road. VCM is just the newer computer unit

Comment

awesome post, how does it show me that the entire industry is using the term "VCM" to describe their PCMs, EMSs, and ECUs?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

whatever, you win. ;)

Comment

thus ending the gayest argument in internet history.

:D
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hey! You! ^^^^^^^

Back to the school bus! :D
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

But, we know what a DLL is. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                  Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

But, we know what a DLL is. ;D
                  I do now. I got a virus that attached itself to one of DLL's on my graphics card and when I removed the virus; it took the DLL with it.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

had a toyota moment last week
                    replaced a suburban 5.3 throttle body for a tps code , no light
                    took awhile to settle it down
                    was idling at 2500
                    not like it was a deathcar camry or anything

Comment

overheard a toyota guy at the ase test , tonight [ nothing like 3 hours in a poorly lit parochial school gym , doing 8 recert tests ]
                      he was making 40 hours a day doing toyota recalls
                      at least when they first started , the desperate rush for safety by paranoid import customers
                      nerds
                      we all thought from the slick advertising that toyotas never break ....40 hours a day !!!!

Comment

Hey somethings got to keeps all those service departments open. ;)

Comment

believe me , toyota service departments are never 'not busy '
                          the pay was a little too lean for me at toyota , which brought me back to generous motors 9 years ago

Comment

I like the General, always does me right.

Comment

Working...
                            X