Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bjohn; February 10, 2024, 11:04 AM.

Re: 1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1

ooph , rough

Comment

Regardless of where you work...don't do it.

Comment

I think your better off with what you have!

remember a bird in a hand, is better than two in a bush!!
        or something like that ;D ;D
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Where the structure up front is mounted is a common rot
          spot, and is not readily apparent.
          Look closely...

Comment

If the Camaro runs and drives decent, fill the tank and keep going. That Mustang needs a lot of work, and not just on the front.

Comment

Yeah, it's easier to work with the car you know, than take on an unknown project. But, what we don't know is how you feel when you look at a 73 Mustang. If it really gets your blood flowing and you always wanted one; then maybe you should go for it. It'll be a test of how bad you want something. Will you be willing to work weekends and nights for extra cash to get the car you dream about? For many of us, it's a price we will have to pay to make the dream a reality.

If you can say, yes; I say go for it.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Agreed with that.

I'd -almost- have one of those Mustangs myself, there are not many left around. I drive by a silver '71 (?) Mach 1 (in a driveway, under a rotting tarp) every day and it's beginning to bug me. This is very dangerous, this is how I end up with stuff I shouldn't have.

Those cars didn't get much respect when musclecars became hot with the collector crowd but I think they are historically important. Also, bitchen' cars. Over the top, styling-wise. Third-gen Camaros, while certainly the better car, are pretty common...the junkyard is filled with nice ones, like Vegas once. Of course there is a lesson there too, you can't get a decent Vega cheap anymore.

Oh btw, sitting next to the Mustang I see is a third-gen Camaro...those are his two cars. I should take/post a pic. Hey, maybe that's the best idea...

Have both! :D

Comment

on those cars.. the front inner side of the unitbody frame rails(front)rot from the unside out..
                  and looking at the pic. the pass side front inner fender area is well missing/cut(top rail to core support)
                  if you don't NEED this car to run and isn't your only car.. and you like that car more than the f body..

think about it.. if it runs you can fix the other areas as needed, IF the framerail are fairly solid..
                  what one do you want?????
                  if your at you car is your only car.. I'd stear clear..
                  they are basicly the same car.. 4 seats (rear useless) fastback and unitbody..
                  ones had more time with mothernature to rust..
                  you need to pick what you like more. and if you can have a car parked for awhile..
                  unless that was verysolid numbers matching mustang with a 4 speed,
                  IF I was to trade it be the ford+cash
                  but if the car you really really always wanted is staring you in the face and you stick with the f body. you'll never be happy with it...
                  the mustang may need more but if you plan on keeping it.. both cars will need the same parts.. interior parts/body/etc
                  if you think you can get it. build it and flip it forget it

Comment

Well..those Mustangs havent taken off collectorwise like the 65-70 ones,so its value may be like the Camaro.Then it is just you that can answer the question..Mustang that need a lot of work,or a Camaro that doesnt need that much work..?.

Will you try to make money on it,or is this a car you really want??.

My choice would be the Mustang,but only after getting it started so i could check how the engine trans runs.Over here owning a Ford means you have to buy everthing new..theres little used Ford parts around,so restoring Chevys is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
                      I drive by a silver '71 (?) Mach 1 (in a driveway, under a rotting tarp)
                      My uncle had a silver 71 we all thought he was the coolest!!!!no air in that thing though very hot in the back seat where we got stuffed! but still a very cool ride, we loved when he took us for a spin! my brother and I would fight over the front seat when there was a vacancy. that car waz way bitchen! both uncle and car long gone, good times though, thanks for the memories!

Comment

Working...
                      X