Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains it pours..or...find another way to crap on my family

*RANT*

Well Sunday I got news that my family had to rush my grandpa to the hospital in an ambulance, he is now in hospice care and is not expected to hold on much longer...for his sake, I hope he goes soon and peacefully. So I will be jumping on a flight back east here in the next few days....This has been a LONG time coming, he has been holding on 5 years longer than the docs said he would...but...looking at a pic of him Sunday morning, he is not long for this world.

But the fun doesn't end there....

So that evening, my daughter complains that her belly hurts....we chalk it up to the flu and let it be...then today she tells my wife that it only hurts on the right side and hurts worse when she walks...can you guess what that means? Yup, he appendix was infected and inflamed...I just got in form the hospital about 10 minutes ago. She had to have surgery to remove it...She is recovering and if all goes well she will be home tomorrow or Wednesday....

So, I am waiting for something else to take a major shit on my life....I know it could be worse...but WTF...I feel like beating the shit out of something...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: When it rains it pours..or...find another way to crap on my family

Sorry to hear about Grandpa. I hope he is comfortable and in peace.

Kids get their appendix out all the time. Heck, now they can do it without getting a scar. Hope she is doing OK. There's a lot to be thankful for here. You, being in the military, have great hospitals available. And, thank your stars it's not something worse.

Prays for ya, buddy. And, I'll toss one in that you don't fall in the "bad news comes in three's".
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

one sorry your kids sick
      but other than that.. sorry man shut the fu%^ up..
      yes it sucks that he's die'n but HE GOT % YEARS MORE THAN EVERYONE SAID HE"D GET...
      that a blessing,(unless he was always in pain)
      most don't get that. count your blessings..
      and prays your way that it will be peasefull.. and painless..

Comment

Yeah dude....I was not complaing that he had extra time...not sure where the #### you read that.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm glad to hear the youngun is ok. Sorry about Grandpa. He may have hung on longer than the docs thought he would, but that doesn't make it easier to deal with what may be his final days. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending any strength I can your way to help you through this.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
            Yeah dude....I was not complaing that he had extra time...not sure where the #### you read that.
            your rant 'n about a family member that ,be all counts ..should not be with us...
            the FACT that he beat the odds and out lived what the doctors said...
            IS A BLESSING.... get it.. A BLESSING....
            no reason to post a rant....., it will always suck when family is sick or near death.. but when they and you are handed more time than EVERYONE said.. that's a BLESSING... and, not to many rant about ,"dam we were blessed"
            some get the news and then they are gone...and would be sickened like I was.. that you be complaining that it's happening 5 years later...dam it JOE your family was blessed with extra time with him...
            consider yourself and your family dam lucky....most would give their eye teeth to be so lucky

Comment

Ironhead, I understand where you're coming from, but DAMN dude you could have found a better way to say it in the first place. And again, he may have lived longer than the docs expected but it still hurts to see him go. When something hurts, you gotta get it out of your system or else it will poison you. Hence, the rant. You let it out and your friends help to keep you standing when you are weak. That's what friends do.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                Ironhead, I understand where you're coming from, but DAMN dude you could have found a better way to say it in the first place. And again, he may have lived longer than the docs expected but it still hurts to see him go. When something hurts, you gotta get it out of your system or else it will poison you. Hence, the rant. You let it out and your friends help to keep you standing when you are weak. That's what friends do.
                maybe I took it the wrong way....

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                  Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                  your rant 'n about a family member that ,be all counts ..should not be with us...
                  the FACT that he beat the odds and out lived what the doctors said...
                  IS A BLESSING.... get it.. A BLESSING....
                  no reason to post a rant....., it will always suck when family is sick or near death.. but when they and you are handed more time than EVERYONE said.. that's a BLESSING... and, not to many rant about ,"dam we were blessed"
                  some get the news and then they are gone...and would be sickened like I was.. that you be complaining that it's happening 5 years later...dam it JOE your family was blessed with extra time with him...
                  consider yourself and your family dam lucky....most would give their eye teeth to be so lucky
                  Sir, please step away from the whiskey bottle.

Comment

Joe sorry to here, hope the little one has a fast and speedy recovery, and well hope gramps doesn't suffer to much.

But remember as bad as it may be, life will always get better.

Comment

Prayers for you and yours Joe... It always sorta comes at once..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                        HE GOT YEARS MORE THAN EVERYONE SAID HE'D GET...
                        that's a blessing, most don't get that. Count your blessings..
                        and pray in your own way that it will be peacefull.. and painless..
                        Maybe this will help a little.
                        The man makes a damn good point. It just came out sounding wrong, I think. Ironhead, I don't know what happened with you, but I'm sending what I can your way too. Peace can be hard to come by sometimes. I hope you find some soon.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

hope all is well

Comment

Sorry to hear about you grandfather, may he go peacefully.

A sick child is never fun, especially when they have to go to the hospital.

Rant away, that is one of many things that make this site better then the rest. We ALLOW rants like this so we can get it out of our head.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Joe,I hope it all goes well. Keep the faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X