• Show
Clear All

Re: Source Interlink Von Fink's Squirrel Hair Panel Jam/Charity Car Show

Great pics, awesome rides. Thanks! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
      great pics, looked like good times

this one is owned by Larry Woods, he has recently retired from a job at Mattel, he had a lil known job being the chief designer for Hot Wheels

That man is my hero, he's the reason why I'm making plans for a 1:1 scale '40 Ford Woodie. Even more awesome, I'm pretty sure there's a Hot Wheels that's identical to that car in the "Larry's Garage"line.

Comment

Update on Priapism. That's Yannick's twin engined buggy. Turns out I was wrong about how he made the engine coupler. It's actually a rubber isolator used on late model GTO's driveline to handle shocks to independent rear suspension. Yannick took that, then used about an inch of driveshaft tubing welded to custom made brackets. He then had a driveline shop balance the deal. BTW, that's an aluminum flywheel and the reason for that is a flexplate doesn't like getting hit by the starter without a torque convertor attached to it.

The mufflers are custom made. Inside the five inch pipe is a perforated three inch tube surrounded by fiberglass. In short, big, giant home made glasspacks. Sitting right next to the exhaust, it's still not all that loud.

As I said the engines are 45* apart in timing. That means the front engine fires it's #1 cylinder and forty five degrees later the rear engine fires it's #1 cylinder. Essentially making it a V16 engine.

Oh yeah, I got to sit in it today at another car show, then fire up the two engines. Within three seconds the car was surrounded by a crowd ten people deep. It was almost clausterphobic.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X