Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GPS enhanced cruise control?

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
    I know someone at some point (Mercedes or BMW I think) had accellerometers and tiltmeters to actively determine if the need for increased or decreased throttle was because of an elevation change to know how to react.

What about using the cruise control radar for detecting uphills though it wouldn't do much for downhills.
    Don't know about that.... MB COMAND units have had gyros in them for a long time which allowed for continued nav functionality even when signal became problematic. That goes back more than 10 yrs. I know because I had an '00 CLk that I bought used and did not originally have the COMAND unit. I bought a unit and installed it myself (not an easy task). The units had different color gyro modules to account for the mounting position (ie, angle of mount).

Comment

Re: GPS enhanced cruise control?

Originally posted by ponchoman
      Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
      I know someone at some point (Mercedes or BMW I think) had accellerometers and tiltmeters to actively determine if the need for increased or decreased throttle was because of an elevation change to know how to react.

What about using the cruise control radar for detecting uphills though it wouldn't do much for downhills.
      Don't know about that.... MB COMAND units have had gyros in them for a long time which allowed for continued nav functionality even when signal became problematic. That goes back more than 10 yrs. I know because I had an '00 CLk that I bought used and did not originally have the COMAND unit. I bought a unit and installed it myself (not an easy task). The units had different color gyro modules to account for the mounting position (ie, angle of mount).
      Maybe I missread the domentation but it seamed to me that the gyros more more than just a redundant INS functionality.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
      X