Comment

Re: Mini Challenge Crash

only 3 people hurt and the injuries arent life threatning, incredible
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

That is one stout little car!

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward

Ron
          Yeah, it IS that, but the repeated use of "flew over the protective barrier".......uhhhhhhh sorry folks, that's not any protective barrier. At least not that time. I saw that one on the news this weekend as well - incredible.

And that's a structured event with the fans well away, etc....and that's NOTHING compared to the risk the fans take at the road rally events, standing right beside the road. Man, oh man. How much do you REALLY want to see a car go by fast?

I sure pictured something like that in my mind the whole evening we were watching a World of Outlaws event at a dirt track with virtually no protection in the grandstands. I saw just that, scared to death all night sitting there. That's how bad I wanted to see it - just that bad. Fortunately we all went home safely.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

now those are mad skills.... jumpin the fence like that and not even hittin it!
            I figured he'd roll the other way in Australia...
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That's something I've always wonderd about - our water in this hemisphere goes down the sink clockwise, why does the toilet run the water the other way? What's up with that???

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                That's something I've always wonderd about - our water in this hemisphere goes down the sink clockwise, why does the toilet run the water the other way? What's up with that???
                Well ... you asked, so .....

It is a commonly held misconception that when flushed, the water in a toilet bowl swirls one way if the toilet is north of the equator and the other way if south of the equator, due to the Coriolis effect ? usually, counter clockwise in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise in the southern hemisphere. In reality, the direction that the water takes is much more determined by the direction that the bowl's rim jets are pointed, and it can be made to flush in either direction in either hemisphere by simply redirecting the rim jets during manufacture. On the scale of bathtubs and toilets, the Coriolis effect is too weak to be observed except under laboratory conditions.

Comment

I've always wanted to go to the equator and watch the water pour straight down the drain, no swirl at all. A death-sucking non-vortex vacuum of a hole drawing stuff in from all directions at once.

But then, I am very entirely too easily entertained. Just a lifelong thought and wonderment about water going down the drain.

Went on a cruise one time and completely forgot to search the skies for the Southern Cross when we were far enogh south to see it. That's a song, ya know. Was all the way back home when I said "dang." I didn't look.

Comment

"Not Again"
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      "Not Again"
                      oh come now, that was an excellent thread hijack. ;D
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward

Ron
                        just tough enough to stay a bouncing 500 pound wreckiing ball...

they can all go to hell.
                        sideways engined screaming lopsided unbalanced flucking fairy mobile playing sports cars is not racing, it is not engineering, it is not evolution ..it is not anyhting but the ahole result you saw in video.

there is even nastier crashes on video...the little sideways delusionaries right to the end.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

suped up golf dies trying against a turbo porsche

I wonder where this kid gained the gual to think he he could build a super car out of a recycled beer can.
                        it is a bad subject to me...I go back to the 80s when I gave the design a chance. Never ever again..even oif they dropped it to a two cylinder 10hp diesel.. they can keep it and go back to the hell that created it.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                        X