I shoulda kept my mouth shut - guess im putting on a car show now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shoulda kept my mouth shut - guess im putting on a car show now

Well I attended a booster club meeting for the drama dept at the high school my daughter attends, Shes a freshman and is in the tech dept for drama building sets, doing lighting and sound. Well at this meeting they were talking about how the money they raised this year was lower than previous years for scholorships and they were looking for suggestions to raise money for the drama dept, thats when I opened my mouth....

So with my previous expirence in helping out at shows, judging, participating I offered up my expirence to help out, then I started rambling on about how to do this, how this should be yadda yadda yadda I was placed in charge of making it all happen

So in the spring of 2011 I will be putting on my first show in conjunction with the Clear Creek ISD to be held in the student parking lot of Clear Creek High School (room for around 500 cars btw) titled CRUISIN THE CREEK. It will be open to all makes of cars, trucks, and motorcycles

I know I have ALOT of planning to do, nailing down a date, and everything that goes along with putting a show that cuold benefit the school drama dept for a number of years

Award wise it will be a BEST 25 being that I just dont know how many vehicles will show and will also be including BEST OF's - paint, interior, engine, ect ect and will try to get local business' envolved to support the local high school ... wish me luck guys, I know im gunna need it
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: I shoulda kept my mouth shut - guess im putting on a car show now

Good luck, and let us know how it all turned out!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

you got a year :D

Comment

Don't cha mean "FIRST ANNUAL CRUISIN THE CREEK"? ;D

Comment

I did one out here for a schools drag team...I did not get much help and did not have much time to plan...but you should easily be able to get a boat load of stuff donated...

First talk to the place you want go, such as auto zone...ask the manager if he would donate a gift certificate or say...some detailing products and a bucket (or 4) tell him what it is for and then he will ask for a letter...it takes a few weeks to get approval. once it is approved they will let you know, then you can raffle those items off...check to see if your local speed shops will get involved.....you can do this with Costco or Sam's club to for food...say...frozen burgers...then go to safeway, Kroger's, food lion or whatever is in your area..ask for buns, condiments and so on...you should be able to make a ton of money for the school doing a burger/dog burn with the donated items then selling for a nominal fee...same with sodas and waters....you can also hit up local places and see if they will make up X amount of dash plaques...see if they will donate...I did find that asking for donations rather than charging cars for admission works better.,...also check with the school but you may be able to do a 50/50 raffle too...some places may want a letter from the school if you are going to place a flyer in their windows too...get the kids involved with making the posters...dude, if I were closer I would help with this in a heart beat....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

hahhahahhahha
            this gives chad almost a year to get a bangshift aint tour together to roll in to your "parrrrrTTy"
            there seems to be quite a few on the west/mid south on here..

Comment

And, don't forget to take some damn pics. I need help. I can't cover everything!!
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
                oh you dont know how much i hate the term "first annual"

and as for pics, I might hafta bring someone in for that, I feeling im gunna be too busy to take pics

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
                  Originally posted by meatwagon
                  oh you dont know how much i hate the term "first annual"

and as for pics, I might hafta bring someone in for that, I feeling im gunna be too busy to take pics
                  If you'd like some free buffing pads... to give away to folks....American Buffing would be willing to do that for the cost of shipping a box to Texas......usually under 12$............

seriously ;D
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

thank you sir, I will take that into consideration

Comment

Don't forget to have a DJ playing the same old crappie music that every other car show seems to have...

(actually, my suggestion is to have some decent music that forgoes all the usual crap most promoters seem to deem so necessary.)

Good Luck
                      mardyn

Comment

already got that covered, dj system with my 8 gig Ipod full of music put on shuffle

Comment

Working...
                        X