Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

Plan looking soul-less new cars.

Why won't the car companies build a black car with a red (not burgundy, RED!) gut and a little chrome on the out side.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      Not so much LS engines in every damn Chevy, but every LS engine butt frigging ugly. When is someone going to make one look nice?
      I know of one. It is barely recognizable as an LS motor. Its in a rod with minimal accessories, hidden wiring, IR EFI, lots of polish... I'll try get some pix. It is one gorgeous motor.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Personally I'm tirered of the oil leak on my Stoker 390!

Other cars,20+" wheels on EVERY Dodge Charger in San Antonio! 22,24,26,28" wagon wheels on trucks.

I'm hating huge wheels more and more everyday!

That said my '68 Mustang has 18" on it because they where Craigslist cheap,cleared he 2005 Mustang front brakes and had the right back space,but I don't really like them, I also don't have the money to just toss them and the new tires on them.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
          I'm sick of 18"+ wheels and tires - especially on older cars with no sidewall and the whole car sitting on the ground.
          +1 but no offense... that trend isn't going anywhere any time soon. We're the purists and the hold outs in the minority now. Besides, it's only a matter of time before you won't be able to buy 15 inch street tires anymore. Sticky Nittos are the same price as cooper cobras these days.

I'm also tired of seeing cars with a quad turbo LS7 stroker that run a 2 second 60 foot. Boring.
          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
            Originally posted by milner351
            I'm sick of 18"+ wheels and tires - especially on older cars with no sidewall and the whole car sitting on the ground.
            +1 but no offense... that trend isn't going anywhere any time soon. We're the purists and the hold outs in the minority now. Besides, it's only a matter of time before you won't be able to buy 15 inch street tires anymore. Sticky Nittos are the same price as cooper cobras these days.

I'm also tired of seeing cars with a quad turbo LS7 stroker that run a 2 second 60 foot. Boring.
            15 inch will be there for the duration. It is as large as one can go, maintain a taller sidewall and get it over the 24.5 inch magic diameter (there really is a magic to 24.5 inches- like a truck rim)..and maintain T+ ratings, 1300 pound plus sidewalls, and actually hit a pothole.
            I have gone though 13s to 31s, and longer distance. the 15 inch is a winner for everywhere. Keep the 16 inch plus extremes in the flat ghetto tree hugging rubber saving world it came from. I got t-rated 15s now that are over a decade and 3 cars.. with a grumbling rally car sound and .5 inch tread left. If 15s are not desirable, blame the tires. I can't fathom 16s or larger.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Tired of:

poofed up 1/2 ton pickups that are taller than my '97 Ford 3/4 heavy-duty

wheel/wheel cover spinners

Fat people in "Smart Cars" If they were so smart why not say no to the hoho's and back away from the buffet?

Comment

Pro-touring hype
                What is Pro-touring? Is there a definition of that?

Comment

I'm not tired of Mustangs, camaros, Mopars, I'm especially not tired of rat rods, or anything else cool.

What I am REALLY tired of is cool old muscle cars with painted steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps. Cool cars need cool wheels. A car with big block badges, hood scoops, etc. will not be a sleeper just because it has wheels off a taxi-cab on it. They kind of look like a ghetto car with 3 or 4 little temporary spares on them.

Comment

I have yet to find the perfect red camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel
                      What I am REALLY tired of is cool old muscle cars with painted steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps. Cool cars need cool wheels.
                      I'm building a whole car JUST for dog dishes... and my idea of "cool wheels" and yours are probably so different it's mind boggling. Appliance wiremags and western hurricanes FTMFW. I also have a soft spot for pro-stars and convo-pros.

Hooptie forged 17" and bigger wheels are great... if you're on "pimp my ride"
                      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel
                        I'm not tired of Mustangs, camaros, Mopars, I'm especially not tired of rat rods, or anything else cool.

What I am REALLY tired of is cool old muscle cars with painted steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps. Cool cars need cool wheels. A car with big block badges, hood scoops, etc. will not be a sleeper just because it has wheels off a taxi-cab on it. They kind of look like a ghetto car with 3 or 4 little temporary spares on them.
                        Although my truck is not a muscle car , especially sporting the 225 , why not use something that looks good, painted wheels and dog dishes are great. Big wheels look bad with drum brakes ,so big wheels,big brakes ,mean big dollars.

Comment

I'm tired of these big deisel trucks. Iknow they can make some power, but dragging around 6000lbs....I don't get it
                          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            I have yet to find the perfect red camaro
                            ;D ;D

Comment

Luckly Fast n Furious is about dead.
                              Donk theme cars with 24's/26's...tired of candy bars and super hero packaging on the sides of covered wagon suspended cars.

Comment

I'm tired of all the negativity...

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Working...
                                X