Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

Numbers matching, I'm better then you cause I have it, totally stock car people.

I love those perfect cars, It's just not me to own and drive one. Stop telling me how cool your car is until I ask.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
      Numbers matching, I'm better then you cause I have it, totally stock car people.

I love those perfect cars, It's just not me to own and drive one. Stop telling me how cool your car is until I ask.
      i hate it when people post "numbers matching" on a 75 dart swinger 4dr as if it would really make a difference in how much it was worth

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
        Originally posted by std

i hate it when people post "numbers matching" on a 75 dart swinger 4dr as if it would really make a difference in how much it was worth
        Stock is boring.
        Stock is slow.
        Stock sucks.

My last encounter included some bozo explaining to me how he repainted the over spray on his LS6 Chevelle's exhaust manifolds to get it right. Then he pointed how many chalk sticks he went through to get the exact color and talc.

I was having visions of slamming his numbers matching hood on his oversprayed bald spot.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

-Sick of Attitude/Nasty People at the local shows, I won't go to another one in town here. Same Cars, Same nasty people.

-The Trailer Queens.

-Donks

-The local Import Kids waking me up in the morning doing stupid stuff in the parking lot near my house.

-No knowledgeable people, they just drive the car and had someone else do the work for them.

-The new crowd that great a nice car and then proceed to beat them to piss. I know 3 people that got good beginning projects and screwed them up.
          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

i can agree to all posted on this page.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

As much as i think red Camaros are boring..i would rather see a red camaro,than a red toyota or any new boring car.

Comment

I'm tired of seeing everyone paint their car fire engine red, and I'm tired of seeing polished Torque Thrusts. If there's an event with 100 cars, it seems like 50 will be red, and 75 of them will have Torque Thrusts. I like the Torque Thrust, but am just sick of seeing them. I'm also starting to get a little bored with tri-5 Chevys. But, I think that's because no-one has any imagination for paint schemes on them (red/white...blue/white...red/white...blue/white...)
                STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Gerrit
                  Plastic covers hiding the engine.
                  Is't one hood enough?

Gerrit
                  Netherlands
                  hahahahahaaah....well said!
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Yeah I've always thought that what belongs under the hood should be under the hood (including things like the master cylinder and wiring---it's just dopey to try to hide that stuff somewhere else), and there only needs to be one hood.

Torque-Thrusts were a rare sight in the eighties when I was collecting them out of the junkyard and even the dump. They were so out of style at the time but I loved them, I had a nice set on a '67 Camaro project. When American started casting them again I bought a set pretty quickly and then when Vintage began importing a 16x8 version I bought a set of those too, and went to the trouble of making a pair into 16x9. This with a cast wheel. Lots of welding to do that!

But I'm sick of seeing Torque-Thrusts now too, especially the 2-piece kind. It immediately screws up the '60s vibe to see a two piece wheel, of course it's a lot cheaper to polish when you can use a die-cast center and a rolled-sheet rim. Polishing a set of cast five-spokes is a tremendous job and produced a precious thing, now the style is just another commodity.

Comment

Another silly thing I can do without seeing any more of are those silly little pyramid type numbers that people take from Carl's Jr. and put on the dash of their car to correspond with the year of the car. There's a guy with an Elcamino with 66 on his license plates, the silly pyramid thing, and almost 12 inch 66 on his tailgate. I wonder what year that thing is? :
                      STUGOTS

Comment

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'll just put up my gripes, apologies if I recover a few.

*'98-'04 Mustangs with the loudest possible Flowmasters on factory-ish oversized rims.

*Donks

*Ratty-ass import "project car" ricers

*ANY car that has the cheap AutoZone stick-on vents/lettering/vinyl sticker graphics

*Trucks/SUVs, esp. GM brand ones, with 22"+ sized rims

*any jackass thumping their stereo hard enough to shake my gauge needles. Bad things have happened before...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

People who have painted permanent "ForSale" signs on them.Its like they hope some sucker will offer them the outrageous amount they have in their overpriced mind.

Comment

THE PEOPLE that don't understand..
                            NOT FOR SALE

Comment

Red cars in general. My jeep was red, and it was my least favorite thing about it. Red tool boxes are getting lame too. A guy at my work just bought a Snap On Epiq in white, looks sweet.

The new honda accord crossover/hatchback awd thingy is kinda stupid imo.... as are most crossovers

Also sick of seeing so many newer automatic vettes in the area, just seems kinda silly

I've never been that crazy about tri five chevys, and there's a bunch of them around here

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                                Red cars in general. My jeep was red, and it was my least favorite thing about it. Red tool boxes are getting lame too. A guy at my work just bought a Snap On Epiq in white, looks sweet.

hahahahahahahaahhahaahahahaaahahaahhahaha
                                that tech.. crazy..
                                white tool box,, fool..
                                hope he likes cleaning it..
                                it'll be a nice gray soon, unless he never uses it..
                                there IS a reason most are red...
                                it hides a lot of sins,, same with cars

Comment

Working...
                                X