Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

Tired of people who don't think I love my heap of American sheet metal just as much as they love their old heap of American sheet metal just because mine is a V6, or wrong wheel drive, or a sedan, or "too new"...etc. I've owned three "accepted" cars, I'm no stranger to the scene, this is just what peaks my interest at the moment. It's not yours, so why should it concern you? ;)

Comment

all toolboxes are RED !!!

Comment

I've had this for 15 years, and it's holding up fine. Easy to clean, and is one STOUT sonofabitch! I used to climb the drawers and shelves like stair steps to the loft in my old shop, (including the drawer full of air tools) for almost 10 years. They DON'T have to be red.

STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
          Another silly thing I can do without seeing any more of are those silly little pyramid type numbers that people take from Carl's Jr. and put on the dash of their car to correspond with the year of the car. There's a guy with an Elcamino with 66 on his license plates, the silly pyramid thing, and almost 12 inch 66 on his tailgate. I wonder what year that thing is? :
          I agree on the order number things from restaurants on the dash. It goes along with pouty kids and stuffed animals. Those people who think it's necessary to bring their indoor show type placard to every cruise in. Extremely annoying now that I'm trying to take pics of cars. Lately, it's been this same guy I've seen everywhere with models of the car he is driving in every scale available on the dash, seat, roof and a miniature mirror spinning table sitting on the air cleaner. In short, leave your toys at home.

I do like photos and old mag articles the cars were in. It's nice to know some of the history of the vehicle and it's ownership.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
            *Ratty-ass import "project car" ricers
            this is BAD

this is GOOD

Comment

I'm tired of seeing everyone paint their car fire engine red...
              Ummm, Groucho... what color is that car in your profile? ;D
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                Looks to be orange.

Comment

Did you mean my avatar? It's Orange. Besides, I didn't choose the color. I bought that 38 as a shell, and built it around the paint that was already on it, as it wasn't it too bad a condition. Don't get me wrong...in the 70's and early 80's I painted many cars red. As THAT'S what it took to sell them. For me, I like colors less common

STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    all toolboxes are RED !!!
                    funny enough, my dad has the snap on red. I needed a scab in the middle of welding, and he comes out of the garage with the cabinet door, bright red and says "here use this". I know he does not lijke bright either..add 4 million m,iles of road going discipline.. I bet alot of things get annoying.
                    There is no reason for the ultraviolet. damn, even paint it black and tools are brighter to rummage through...

I recently took a photo at the local truck stop, rig up on a lift...very very busy place. All equipment is a fading peeling painted iron..no bright colors anywhere. As if to say without words: "guys with bright red toolboxes don't even work."

I can agree with the "tired of seeing"- anything ultraviolet. I associate it with an older mom getting a sports car she never had...and its silly. My own mom had to be specific with her dream of colors with "a metallic candy apple red and 6 coats"... uv paint is like ricer..both make no sense whatsoever. rant over. :

A local thought on tired of seeing... the two straight pipes that come out from pickups, past the rear bumper. I owned trucks, know the benfits of duals... why in that spot? it is exactly asshole for 90% of cars behind it...this complaint is at least 30 freakin old. even side pipes aiming down past the cab is more appealing.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Re: Car wise, what are all of you tired of seeing?

More than anything mentioned on this thread, I'm tired of seeing my projects unfinished,
                      I have no one to blame but myself.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                        More than anything mentioned on this thread, I'm tired of seeing my projects unfinished,
                        I have no one to blame but myself.
                        x2

man I'd love one day a week to work on my junk..

Comment

I'm trying to squeeze it in a few hours at a time and trying to bring sub - assemblies home that I can plink away when I'm on baby duty and he's napping....
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I work 3rd shift..
                            so my night off. I might get 6 hours of play time...
                            but the da might be out ;D

Comment

I'm just giving you @#$! Groucho, I couldn't tell if the '38 was orange or red and couldn't resist the opportunity to tweak your nose. ;D You've got some awesome toys, the Purple El Camino is sweet!
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm just giving you @#$! Groucho, I couldn't tell if the '38 was orange or red and couldn't resist the opportunity to tweak your nose. ;D You've got some awesome toys, the Purple El Camino is sweet!
                                Oh, I know. I was just answering your question is all. Sorry if I drew it out so long ;D
                                STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                                X