Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lettering a trailer-- what paint to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettering a trailer-- what paint to use?

My wife is hand-lettering a trailer for a guy at church as a favor... what type of paint should she use? This will be done by brush, think striper.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: Lettering a trailer-- what paint to use?

one shot

Comment

not the most smarterest guy on the subject but I would say a good striping brush and some One Shot..thinned out to flow....I have been dabbling with stripes, paint and brushes....it is a hard craft to learn...thinning the paint seems to be my biggest issue...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The thing I run into now most now days is a wrap, but I'll check around and see what I can come up with. That's a tough one.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Gene, I have 6 cans of one shot if she wants to try it, in different colors.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

One Shot lettering enamel...thin with mineral spirits if doing it outside in the sun. Enamel thinner if inside... laquer thinner if it's cold outside. Use squirrel hair brushes...use an old glossy page magazine as a pallet to "load" the brush....good luck.
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

When you thin it and then use a magazine, or phone book, to load the brush, you are going to LOAD the brush. I too have dabbled in striping, but haven't done it in a couple years really. Getting enough paint on the brush is the biggest thing. It isn't like doing any other kind of painting. At all.

You must load the brush full of paint.
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                When you thin it and then use a magazine, or phone book, to load the brush, you are going to LOAD the brush. I too have dabbled in striping, but haven't done it in a couple years really. Getting enough paint on the brush is the biggest thing. It isn't like doing any other kind of painting. At all.

You must load the brush full of paint.
                This is the exact technique that all the stripers were using at the Source show last weekend.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Use a lettering quill and don't thin the paint if you don't have to. One Shot colors usually cover with one coat but some colors won't if thinned. And to think Von Dutch thought the art of pinstriping would die with him...

Comment

Paint?? You do know they have decals both pre-cut and custom made that will look better and last longer than paint.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                      Paint?? You do know they have decals both pre-cut and custom made that will look better and last longer than paint.
                      :

Comment

Working...
                      X