Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tragedy at the end of my driveway....street racing is bad...mmmm uh...ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy at the end of my driveway....street racing is bad...mmmm uh...ok?

So.... I'm sittin' here listening to the Darlington race and I hear what I think is a couple of late models engines gettin' on it. real ones... so i turn down the tv to hear better and they race off into the distance, but a minute or so later there they come again. screamin' it. and i hear that sickening sound of a car 'getting air'. and then the landing.

These marks are directly in front of my driveway exit. The mustang got at least 90' of air. I was told that the two cars were intentionally trying to get air over the small hill on my road. Sounded like that to me. didn't see any marks from the late model Camaro, which , I was told, was damaged in this but was driven somewhere and I was unable to shoot it. I was told its occupants were uninjured. My neighbor pulled the girlfriend from the mustang. But her boyfriend, the driver couldn't be helped, she was Careflighted. I do not know her status. I also do not know who this unfortunate soul was.

yes, that's the air bag. the car rolled for about 500' spinning and bouncing off of a telephone pole and some trees. These shots are edited and there are no victims in any of these pictures. I am really torn about this and do not want to make any judgement calls. but others, please feel free. My company is moving to another building down the road this weekend and I have to be at work early tomorrow mornin'....so sorry to post an run. But I will check back for any questions, tomorrow evening......street racing is bad ok? ok? >

god bless
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Re: Tragedy at the end of my driveway....street racing is bad...mmmm uh...ok?

:'( ya bad stuff man, sorry to hear this, ill pray for those people. thanks for posting OM496
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

damn....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If they tried to get air,is that street racing?.Seems like jackass enthusiasts..anyway,its too bad when this shit happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
          If they tried to get air,is that street racing?.Seems like jackass enthusiasts..anyway,its too bad when this shit happens.
          yep that sucks.
          if they are gonna terrorize neghbirhoods with jump capable vehicles, they coulda used something better. :

On another forum, subaru related.. there was a wreck like this, but one got ejected and was found in a tree.
          I found the strange small town coincidence to be that, the house it happened in front of is the owner of an older subaru wagon, made to be sleeper (turbo, no hoodscoops, etc,etc).. the two cars that were racing... both subarus. And nobody knew each other. Really strange coincidence.
          I still think peer pressure has an indirect pressure, and it is just as stupidly acted out to.
          In my early 20s I was at a gthering, car subject inevitable, drinking some beers. If I am not mistaken the ford chevy funny quibbles was happening. A couple of hours later , one dead, wrecked car, broken bones and tragedy. I gave my car up shortly after. The hick town I was living in and real people and staying real to machines was too rare. I have not been back into what I liked in a long time because of it... people are stupid. I am getting over it. Glad noone is dead.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
            Originally posted by Blazerteam
            yep that sucks.
            ... people are stupid. I am getting over it. Glad noone is dead.
            Both drivers were military and were to deploy to Afghanistan. They were expected to arrive thier units in Texas, this morning.
            And ...uh......boxer.....hope i was able to interpret your response correctly here.... the mustang driver was very much dead.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Always sad when young lives are taken for poor youthful decisions.
              :'(

Comment

It's a dam shame....Thank God no unsuspecting motorists or pedestrians were caught up in that.....
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I could trot out the old "take it to a dragstrip" deal, but people are gonna pull dumb stuff no matter what amenities you provide.

Condolences to the families affected....and as Dan alluded to, glad no others were involved.

Comment

Agreed. Going fast on the street is bad, and at least dangerous even on the track.

It is part of human nature to want things that you can't/shouldn't have/do. Hence the allure of going fast on the street.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

The crash last night took place right at dusk and I got my first chance at dawn this morning to look at what had happened. This pic is the first actual impact point. A concrete culvert hides in the foliage on the leftside of the road. His best friend from boot camp and a couple other boys were out here at dawn. They are standing just short of where the car finally stopped.

I turned around 180 and took this shot looking back at the hill they jumped.

and this is from where the car stopped, showing the exstensive burn marks from the fireball. Talking to those boys really sucked and this whole thing is kinda buggin' me.

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

lucky it didn't go thru your house

Comment

That's no joke, with my luck.....

My best friend in the whole world, also my step brother, was killed on may 6, 1990 in butler county ohio under similar circumstances. maybe its just the timing of this shit that's got me bummed out.
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

sorry to hear that OM496
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71
                              sorry to hear that OM496
                              Thanks OM71.
                              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                              X