Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tragedy at the end of my driveway....street racing is bad...mmmm uh...ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tragedy at the end of my driveway....street racing is bad...mmmm uh...ok?

Originally posted by Bamfster

My Dad had a saying when I was growing up, "do as I say, not as I've done", and when my first son was born it finally made sense to me.

Instead of all the street racing is stupid/illegal rhetoric, we should all use this as an example to show the kids in our lives what can happen when people don't act responsible. It's a tragedy, but maybe something good can come from it.....
    My Dad used to say the exact same thing. and I promise I tried to get my friend to go to the track but he insisted that we ride around the block to "test it out".... a 'busa is fast enough without juice. People are people and kids are kids (even the "grownup" ones). There is no way to stop stuff like this from happening besides a pure authoritarian gov't. none.

we need a track closer where i live, an air port or something to allow racing on the weekend or something. b/c besides the two above I also have a 1/2 brother who had his arm ripped off in a bike wreck, my brother fractured his back in two places last fall when he hit a logging chain on a 4 wheeler (tough dude walked two miles out of the woods then was life flighted, he's 100% now besides some nasty scars), I watched another one of my friends ramp off a bridge being stupid in a truck (he somehow walked away without a scratch).

Comment

When I was in high school (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) we all used to catch air at the railway tracks that were just down the street from the school. My best friend absolutely beat his GTO to death doing that (and other stuff.) Amazing how no-one was hurt or killed - if someone had lost it back then as shown in these pictures, they would have ended up in the living room of one of the homes lining the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
        When I was in high school (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) we all used to catch air at the railway tracks that were just down the street from the school. My best friend absolutely beat his GTO to death doing that (and other stuff.) Amazing how no-one was hurt or killed - if someone had lost it back then as shown in these pictures, they would have ended up in the living room of one of the homes lining the street.
        Remember doing the same thing when I was in college, except there was 6 of us in a ratty FWD Dodge Daytona. Also surprised that none of us were ever hurt, especially the one who rode in the "trunk" hatch area.

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
          It don't take horsepower to get air and any car goes fast enough to kill you.
          thank you!!!

finally somebody else admits it haha

just like with guns

the object itself doesnt kill you...the operator of it does

Comment

Working...
          X