New pedal car project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New pedal car project

Here is a new pic of the project body after an evening of sanding, its coming fairly clean and has no rust holes , just a lot of surface rust and it looks like somebody really hated this car, its beat to death.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
      Here is a new pic of the project body after an evening of sanding, its coming fairly clean and has no rust holes , just a lot of surface rust and it looks like somebody really hated this car, its beat to death.

Wow... I didn't know pedal cars were susceptible to K-Mart rash, but that one has spent many hours around the king of blue light specials!

Can you call your insurance company and tell them your 1965 Coronet has hail damage?

;D

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I would like to, believe me the pics dont even show how bad this thing was abused. Time for hammer and dolly work, putty :-\

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled
          Looks pretty close to the one I scored at a garage sale 7 years ago. I now have a 7 month old daughter and I need to get this one fixed up.
          My wife assumes that I'm going to sand blast everything and give is a shiny coat of red paint.
          But I'm not so sure I want to destroy all that hard earned patina ;)
          Opinions?

I would restore it. Remember, it's for a girl. Girls like pretty things, not rusty, old looking things. Us guys are the gender who like old, patinaed, well used machinery.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Here you go Aircooled , here is a link for parts for your pedal car
            http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Murray...rts,34590.html

The one you have seems to be from 1960-1964 ,its a Murray V Front Tooth Grille

Comment

In an effort to "go green," maybe we should put together the First Annual BangShift Pedal Car Drag Racing and Tractor Pulling Nationals.

Comment

I redid one of these little pedal cars a couple of years ago for my son for Christmas (he was 18 months old at the time). I had picked it up a couple of months earlier for $10 at a garage sale. It was pretty beat when I got it, kind of an oxidized orange color mixed with rust. Suprisingly all of the chrome polished up nicely, the wheels were decent, so all I did was sand it down to pretty much bare metal, polish the chrome, upholster the seat, put wood veneer on it & repaint. When I was sanding it down I figured out that it was an A&W car originally, as I was sanding you could see the A&W logo on it.

Anyhow, i won't show you what it looks like now 2 years later, it has been flipped many times on the driveway & generally abused, but hey, that was the point right?

Comment

That one is super nice, thanks for sharing

Comment

"I would restore it. Remember, it's for a girl. Girls like pretty things, not rusty, old looking things. Us guys are the gender who like old, patinaed, well used machinery."

Girl, hell! I tooled around in my fire truck at 4 years old and I was the coolest thing on the block. And that one in the photos even has a bell on the front. That's no girl ride. That's reeks of guy ride. That's guy all the way.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                    X