NOS Studebaker Parts Facility - Grand Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Studebaker Parts Facility - Grand Opening

The owner of Studebaker, International has been supplying Studebaker lovers with NOS and repro parts for years, and last year purchased the stock of SASCO - the old Studebaker parts company in downtown South Bend, Indiana. This weekend the "Grand Opening" tour of the new facility took place, and a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club forum posted over 100 pix of the place. For anyone who thinks NOS Stude parts are impossible to find - they're wrong!

Enjoy! http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...010/?start=all
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Re: NOS Studebaker Parts Facility - Grand Opening

mmmmmm stude parts...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Amazing stash and it's cool that all this good stuff has survived. Just moving at cataloging all this will be a HUGE job - good on them for taking it on and saving these goodies for posterity.

Dan

Comment

Well, anyone who knows Ed Reynolds (the owner), knows he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart.
        (hint: $$$)

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
          Well, anyone who knows Ed Reynolds (the owner), knows he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart.
          (hint: $$$)
          WOW, YA THINK..
          there is a warehouse of all that is packard,, all n.o.s.
          bring blank check.. as nothing is cheap

Comment

The stude international building on the far east side of indy( is actully 7 miles into the next county ) is 6 miles for my house 47 stude says thier moving everything to south bend.

Comment

The stude international building on the far east side of indy( is actully 7 miles into the next county ) is 6 miles for my house 47 stude says thier moving everything to south bend.
              The owner (Ed Reynolds) has announced no plans to consolidate his Greenfield, Indiana facility with the one in South Bend.

Comment

No doubt the investors plan to make lots of money, and I'm OK with that. They have to invest their capital, inventory the stuff, hire workers, etc. And the other option is that this stuff gets destroyed or lost and nobody ever gets any of it at any price.

South Bend seems like a proper place for all stuff Studebaker. BTW - who has the Avanti body molds now?

Dan

Comment

BTW - who has the Avanti body molds now?
                  Don't know about the original molds, but my guess is the US government. WHY?
                  Because the last owner of the Avanti Motor Corp. (Michael Kelly) is now serving time for real estate scams in America and Mexico.
                  ALL his assets were seized, and unless the assets of the company are sold, there will likely never be another new Avanti. (bummer)

Comment

BTW - who has the Avanti body molds now?
                    Don't know about the original molds, but my guess is the US government. WHY?
                    Because the last owner of the Avanti Motor Corp. (Michael Kelly) is now serving time for real estate scams in America and Mexico.
                    ALL his assets were seized, and unless the assets of the company are sold, there will likely never be another new Avanti. (bummer)
                    the government just gave g.m. the tooling..

Comment

Ed Reynolds is really a good guy. He put a lot on the line to save the stock at SASCO. The cost of the new facility alone is incredible. The expense of moving the stuff was way up there as well. The city of South Bend put a fairly strict time limit on when the stuff had to be removed from the old building. The last owner of SASCO decided to get out of the business when the city demanded that he move so they could tear the building down for some other project. For a while there was real danger all of the part would be lost. If he makes some money on the deal good for him as far as I am concerned. Studebaker International has always been fair with me, so I am not worried. Just glad the parts were saved.

Comment

Since the last Avanti's built were based on the Mustang, I'd like to know more....
                        (unless you're just ####ing with me)

Comment

Since the last Avanti's built were based on the Mustang, I'd like to know more....
                          (unless you're just ####ing with me)
                          opel.. will get it

Comment

I don't believe the orginal Avanti molds ('63 and '64) even exist anymore. The last Avanti's were indeed based on a Mustang and the generation before that on a Firebird platform. What Mike Kelly actually owned, more than the Avanti name, I don't know. Of course now he might not own anything.

Comment

Sounds like he owns free room and board for a while. Too bad if the molds were lost - I've harbored a secret desire to see someone else make some new Avantis - probably won't happen, I guess.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X