Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any modern 302 chevy?

My v8 days left off in '96...all chevy. Still alive, I do remember
    my next goal was a chevy 302, and one friend told me it was not possible without the antique block, tiny journals, etc etc.

I found two articles from hotrod 2009.. all modern stuff. 4x3 (302)
    Nice.

302 build, part 1
    302, part 2

Anybody else have a modern 302 chevy build? I have been curious for 14 years now... :
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: any modern 302 chevy?

I have most of the parts to do the build, but don't have the car for it.... needs to be light body..... I always wondered what a turbo would do to those things
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd love to see what a fuel-injected Chebbie 302 would do vs. a carb'd one....

Comment

I've always wanted to do one of these but finding a quality 302 crank is HARD. You'll pay as much for a vintage 3" stroke crank as a used billet 3.25-3.300 nascar crank on ebay that'll handle WAY more RPM by virtue of what it is.
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I'm thinking '64 Nova, 5500rpm stall, 5.88 gears and 9000rpm.

Comment

You can do it on the cheap with late model stuff. The L99 4.3 V8's that came in early 90's Caprices have 3" cranks and 6" rods that will drop right in to a one piece rear main 350 block. KB makes a cheap 350 flat top piston that's light enough to balance without mallory. There was a guy over at third gen.org that built one with a stock L98 cam and TPI-extended the rpm range by 1000 and got better gas mileage. I've been wanting to do it for a while-with 305 Vortec heads.

Comment

How about using a 4.8 LS motor.

Comment

Working...
              X