Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATTRITION RATE FOR 20 YR OLD CARS

Originally posted by 1badmonkey
    cutlasses have gone the way of the dirt track car....

my Camaro is garage art right now, has been for a while.

yep alot get used up that way, and on the street when they quit running
    people sell them to the junkyards :'( and they never come back out!!!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      can't AFFORD to fix
      my p0420 JUST CAN'T GO AWAY WITH THE EL CHEAPO CAT from the zone
      but the parts man wants 2 grand ....and johnny law says I can't buy em used
      what do you need a cat for? and are you sure it's the problem?

Comment

I'm lucky I guess, I daily drive the formula and the z should be done within a month.
        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I haven't noticed a lack of any of these vehicles around here. Most are not the greatest shape, but they are around.

Comment

I'm certain cash for clunkers claimed a few of these vehicles, but I think just regular attrition is starting to take care of them in the rust belt.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It is now the year 2010.
              20-year old cars are from 1990 ... who gives a rat's ass about those POS's ?

I'm more concerned about the attrition rate of 60's & 70's muscle cars than modern day grocery getters !!
              :P

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                It is now the year 2010.

I'm more concerned about the attrition rate of 60's & 70's muscle cars than modern day grocery getters !!
                In a few more years, that will be the LT1 F-bodies and other cars that got us climbing into the current smog approved power era.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

1990s cars... I live in a state that shows a bit of intelligence by the rolling 25 year exemption to smog rules.... so those cars - which mostly are devoid of airbags, easy to change to a carb intakes, and non-computer controlled transmissions can be hot rodded quite easily.

heck it's follows the same reasons (beside gorgeous lines) to hot rod a 55-7 Chev - light, full frame, easy to mod.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                    Originally posted by White Monster
                    It is now the year 2010.

In a few more years, that will be the LT1 F-bodies and other cars that got us climbing into the current smog approved power era.
                    trouble prone wheezers , a 5.3 in a suburban will smoke any LT1 with the dreadful optispark .. and old cars can be run on the streets
                    modded obd2 cars test the sense of humor meter at the NJMVC - screw em , drive fifties cars

Comment

I really like the 3rd gens because they were the 2nd wave off real factory muscle that I was atually old enough brand new.The only thing I never really liked about it is that there isn't enough room under it for a true 2.5" exhaust under it.Basted torque arm . Indiana has the next best thing to the 25 yr rolling exemption, which is no inspection at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X