X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this thunderbird SC (worth) fixable

Originally posted by Russell
    Originally posted by STINEY
    My buddy has one for sale. $300, no motor, the rest is pretty good. He bought it for the engine, swapping into his sandrail. The car is in nice shape, interior is good, lots of good parts, he's been trying to talk me into buying it so I can make some money parting it out. I tell him I have the same problem he has, no time.

I'll PM you his # if you want. Its in Bucyrus OH 44820.
    What year? what color is it? Its kinda far 1100 mile round trip, may be worth it if its RED ;D
    I'm a little fuzzy on details, I'm thinking its an '90? I do know it's blue, I checked it out, but only halfheartedly. He gets around alot, I don't want to speak for him, but delivery MIGHT be possible?

I'll PM you his #.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Well it looks like the "No's" have it. I would have though you'll would have been better enablers. Good thing I got the final vote b/c I want it. No money has changed hands but we agreed on $500. I am thinking about getting a 93 tbird with a bad motor for parts for $300 they are not the same color but its not likely I will find a bumper cover in the right color (I might have found a red hood and fender.)
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

a yard full of .....................

Comment

Gosh Russell - don't worry about the color of the bumper cover. Throw it in the car and bring it here and I'll make it any color you want. Just bring something from the car (fuel filler door is usually easy to remove) so the paint store can match it. We'll have it any color you need in an afternoon. We can also fix small scrapes, etc. There's a flexible body filler for that.

Even if you found a donor in the right color, the odds of a match are close to zero. Paint fades a different rates and the difference between a garage-kept car and one stored outside can be pretty remarkable.

Dan

Comment

Dan,

This is the car I am looking at to use as a parts car. If i get it the whole front clip will be a diffrent color than the SC. I still do not have the SC yet but I have my fingers crossed the deal will work out. The SC is no longer listed for sale on CL, I guess he is holding it for me untill the title comes in the mail...........

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

OK. We can paint whatever. If you're going to bolt on the bits bring them to me first so we can paint the edges first. That way the whole deal will look right and w/o those tell-tale color differences between the inside of the fenders, hood, etc. and the outside of the car. Not a big deal, really.

I usually spray the whole component (hood, fender, etc.) first and install it later. You have to be really careful doing your installation (tape the edges, etc.) but when you're done - you're DONE. It's a great feeling.

Dan

Comment

Well the bird is in hand. Now I just need to get a parts car to fix this one, going to try to work on that this weekend! I will have to start a project tread as soon as get some pictures. Car came with some cool stuff, two big shop manuals one is for wiring. Also came with a green three post tbird spoiler (for sale).

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X