• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indy 500

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
    55GAL OF FUEL FOR 500 MILES...
    come on..
    I don't want to see a bunch of eco boxs racing
    Make it a go-cart race. 55 gallons would probably do it. race time should be up / less crashes due to widness of track to vehicle proportions.

Comment

Herman takes a test drive on Eddie's go-cart with some funny results.

Comment

Indy Car wants more manufacturers involved. It would only take money and sponsorships. But today's economy dictates what is happening.

Comment

is tony george in charge of the hot dog stand now ?

Comment

I'd be surprised if he's even AT the track this year, being as he had to shutter Vision Racing a few months back.

International interest is what's needed...I just don't think we'll ever see Ford or Chevrolet involved again.

Comment

It all sounds rather NASCARish doesn't it. Let's all race the same car and see what happens. It would save money. I mean all you would need would be one car. Since they are all the same why not just take turns driving the same car and see who goes the fastest? Why worry about putting 33 cars that are the same anyway out on the track. It would be safer wouldn't it? : ;) ;D

Comment

nascar ...not sure about the dodge now , but that had sb2-2 heads , then toyota copied the dodge based on what bill davis racing gave to the endine guys there
                the toyota could not barely qualify
                until joe gibbs signed with toyota - gibbs - fresh off the development of the R07 at chevy
                guessing they just adapted the good head design to the toyota
                been out front ever since . surely with agressive rules book enhancement and nascar eager to please it's non chapter 11 factory partner
                dang , those joe gibbs yodas have been flying the last few weeks
                I sold my tickets to dover again this week
                kyle busch beat the chevy by 7 seconds
                lots and lots of empty seats at dover this week

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                  Indy Car wants more manufacturers involved. It would only take money and sponsorships. But today's economy dictates what is happening.
                  I'd happily blame Tony George for the state of Indycar today than I'd blame the economy. Talk about ruining something that was almost a sure thing, sheesh!

I used to attend indy in the mid 80s, my dad's employer sponsored Dick Simon. Those were the days!!
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

screw the race, i just wanna see danica and milka in a mud wrestlin match
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

vermont american ? kraco
                      those old timey indy sponsors used to be real middle America , never involved in drags and nascar

Comment

It used to be a race of innovation, run what you brung,
                        now it's a spec race...bah humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          vermont american ? kraco
                          Good guess, my dad was a sales rep for Vermont American.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

they got bought out
                            dick simon trucking , used to see his rigs all over the place in my race chasing youth

Comment

Working...
                            X