Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Remy this weekend?

...Oregon Trail Rally, The Dalles, OR.

Subaru_Girl got me involved with this. Packed up the SS, her 2.5 RS, a '05 Mach 1 and ran like hell last night. Today was a blast...I'm covered in dirt, two stages and the Parc Setup stage. Pics/Vids aplenty. More to come as I keep going.......

;D I love my life.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Where's Remy this weekend?

Sweet! Can't wait to see it.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Cool.Now we need pics ;D

Comment

This one has been interesting. Pastrana is in Australia, so he's out. Dave Mirra rolled his STi, he's out. Ken Block's Fiesta first hit someone that had managed to drive onto one of the stages, then he endo-flipped it...he's out. Right now the attrition rate for the race is pushing 30%.

Today we're switching locations. Yesterday we were on a steep hill drop to a near-90-degree right hander in pure silt. Today we're supposed to be at a high-speed jump section. Action for us starts at 9:30 PST when we head out to Dufur, OR to see the Service area/Parc showing. Me and S_G are probably going to skip that and head straight out to the stage...last we had heard the property owner had parked two RV's at the best point so we're gonna be scrambling to get a photo spot.

I also figured I'd share...the three most visually exciting cars, in order: an OD-Green CRX, a brand new Scion XD, and the older STi that's black with the gold Firebird hood bird on it.....other than that either I missed the good stuff or everyone's scared...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Sounds like a BLAST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
            Packed up the SS

Now, waitaminnit...I know I'm not around here much these days, but could SWORE you posted up something about trading that thing off for a new Hemi Challenger?

Still, the outing sounds like a blast...have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
              Originally posted by Remy-Z
              Packed up the SS
              Now, waitaminnit...I know I'm not around here much these days, but could SWORE you posted up something about trading that thing off for a new Hemi Challenger?
              Financing deal gone bad if I recall correctly Chris. Bryan, we need pics, and include at least one of S_G ;).
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

S_G has threatened "an emergency vasectomy" that involves a sledgehammer. Since I'm not trying for the lead role in the Greek tragedy Sans Testicles...as far as the pics, I'm working on them. My laptop completely and utterly failed (Disk read error: ALL) so I'm waiting until S_G gets some time off of work to let me shove 'em onto her hard drive. By the time I actually get around to working on this it may end up as one huge montage of rally vids and possibly Memorial Day's autocross. I'm already enrolled to make my outing, and after some of the more spirited drives from this weekend (Dufur, OR to The Dulles, OR in ...oh, about 17 min. ;D) I'm really looking forward to any reason to make more Pirelli smoke.

Comment

take a right at the last road (southbound) to Dufur - and you'll be on a road that turns into a paved forest service road that connects to Hwy 35 just above Odell...... that road is from about April to early November when it closes and is only open to snowmobiles..... I used to shortcut that route when I worked in the area.... ;)
                  (called Dufur Mill Road).... you can thank me later

There's also a great road on the North Side of the river - connects Trout Lake with Goldendale through Glenwood (never go to Goldendale but head down the Klickitat river road)

both of those roads are never patrolled ;D
                  17 minutes is a nice pace
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hell Bryan, if she's camera shy, tell her to get her tush over here and make an account! She sounds like a cool chick.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

First I have to convince her to realize there are other brands besides Subaru. She's cool, but referring to the Mirada as "that f**king red barge of yours" shows that she needs work. :D She begrudgingly rode with me in the Monte for the Rally, but she had a couple she knows drive her 2.5RS Impreza down, too.

The road I was on was Boyd Loop Rd. Unpatrolled, wide open, some great dive-in corners. I was keeping up with all the Subarus and only noticed mild nose shove at over 80mph...I'm really looking forward to the autocrossing. I knew the SS handled well after last year's HWY 1 tour, but I was pushing the speed hard this time.

Still waiting on time to do the computer trade. She works at a Freightliner shop near here, and our schedules could not conflict more if we tried. Sorry, guys...can't help the delay this time!

Comment

Working...
                      X