Diesel Mercedes anyone???...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Mercedes anyone???...

Its very popular to boost the 3,0 liter diesel in scandinavia..a bigger turbo,and some tweaks to the diesel pump,and off they go.

Re: Diesel Mercedes anyone???...

nice.

the 5cyl audi sound with twice the compression.

If I am not mistaken, the origin of the 5 cyl takin it easy was the mercedes diesel? I do not know my foriegn facts...

car #38 on my you tube scavenged sleeper playlist. ;D

I'd hang onto a diesel mercedes like a ten geared 87 subaru...
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
      nice.

the 5cyl audi sound with twice the compression.

If I am not mistaken, the origin of the 5 cyl takin it easy was the mercedes diesel?
      I dont think so..they are rivals,and in the late seventies...more so. ;)

Comment

yuck ,diesel stinks

Comment

Guy in our club is building an R-series Studebaker pickup to be powered by a Mercedes-Benz 5 cylinder diesel engine for his daily driver.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Those 5 cylinder diesels were some good engines. I worked on them for 7 years, seen them go 300,000 miles.

Comment

did I ever tell you about the 200,000 mile ht 4100 cadillac ?

Comment

Another one.

w123 mercedes custom fitted with supercharger and turbo charger with intercooler air to air and mobil oil cooler toooo and look at the donuts of this beauty,...

Comment

If I had to keep it in it original envolope you nprolly couldn't give me a four door but those wagons are just too cool. And a wagon that will smoke the hides at will is even better.

Comment

those cast iron merc diesels were simply amazing, I had one as a daily beater for a few years and it ran so perfect - stock, those things rev to 5500rpm!! I did the "ALDA" mod on mine and it woke up pretty good. I think it got around 30mpg in a w123 sedan chassis. The only real work I had to do to it was, i fixed a few vacuum leaks. Once I did, the power door locks, trunk release, and other random stuff all started to work again. And the trans shifted correctly too. just about everything on that car seemed to run off vacuum.

Made a great winter beater too. It always started right up in the coldest temps, zero issues and it didn't even have a block heater. just cheap bosch glow plugs which were easy to replace, thanks to the cast iron cylinder head (shout out to Milner who had a different experience, lol)
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      those cast iron merc diesels were simply amazing, I had one as a daily beater for a few years and it ran so perfect - stock, those things rev to 5500rpm!! I did the "ALDA" mod on mine and it woke up pretty good. I think it got around 30mpg in a w123 sedan chassis. The only real work I had to do to it was, i fixed a few vacuum leaks. Once I did, the power door locks, trunk release, and other random stuff all started to work again. And the trans shifted correctly too. just about everything on that car seemed to run off vacuum.

Made a great winter beater too. It always started right up in the coldest temps, zero issues and it didn't even have a block heater. just cheap bosch glow plugs which were easy to replace, thanks to the cast iron cylinder head (shout out to Milner who had a different experience, lol)
                      Those where my bread and butter back in the day, everything was run on vacuum, we ended up getting a smoke machine and it made life much easier. And the ALDA Mod?? Does that involve a "washer" and the injection pump?? I kind of remember a mod where you took off a part on the injection pump and there was a washer in there and we would replace it with a thicker washer and it would make the engine have more power.

Comment

Working...
                      X