X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first car

What was your first car?

Re: Your first car

1973 Ford F-100 302/C4 yellow. Slow slow slow, but I loved that truck. Wish I still had it. In fact there's a '73 I keep eyeballing that is on my way to work that has a remote chance of being it.... I really need to stop and look.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

1969 Dodge Dart....still have it. It sits engineless up at the shop waiting its turn again to be rebuilt for the umpteenth time.

Comment

A 1958 Opel station wagon. My dad and I went halves on the thing so I could get to and from school. Lasted three days before the engine froze up. How do you spell, "Sure, I checked the oil.... :"
        My local Buick dealer gave me $800 for it (more than we paid for it) as a trade on a 1966 Opel Kadet demonstrator.

Comment

A 1970 Datsun truck like this one...

Except mine was painted with house paint the three colors of the Mexican flag.
          It even had the eagle on the hood. :D :D

Comment

A 1976 Chevrolet 2-door Impala, White vinyl top on indigo blue. Hated to park on a hill facing the top. couldn't open the doors they weighed a ton.
            HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

48 Fluid Drive Dodge - never made it out of the driveway!
              60 Rambler Station wagon - first street car (first windowed block).

Comment

1970 VW squareback

Comment

A willys 4wd pickup with a big 4 cylinder powerhouse.

Comment

84 Fiero.
                    at least it had a 4 speed.

Comment

The first car I ever had was a 68 Impala. I never had it on the road. Bought it, pulled the motor and junked the rest.

The first car I had on the road was a 69 Country Squire stationwagon. It was light green with with woodgrain sides and a 390 w/auto. A guy was sending it to the junkyard so I asked him if I could have it. So the car was free, I got a carb and alternator for $15 and I found two mufflers on the side of the road. One headlight was always flipped up and the brake lights didn't work. There was no reverse, so I couldn't park anywhere that I had to back out, unless I had a friend with me. Luckily our driveway was down hill to the street and I could roll out. If a car was coming I'd have to drive back up the drive and try it again. I loved that car.

The first real car I had was a 70 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland and a 4 speed. I loved tha car so much I killed it.
                      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

One free 1977 Skylark 2dr complete with 231 odd fire V-6 from Grandma who got it used around '81. Brief history:
                        Lifter replacement, Ford Tarus seats installed, head gaskets, another lifter replacement, virtually no oil pressure so in car rod and main bearing replacement, kenne belle 4bbl intake (removed shortly after due to wrong carb), Ford Ranger ext. cab front seats installed, virtually no oil pressure again, got another car tried to sell but got a $75 ticket for having a For Sale sign in the window, pulled engine did cheap bearing, cam and ring refresh of engine, promptly blows TH200c locking up the rear wheels infront of a police station, gets a 200r4 replacement, second car gets totalled so back to Skylark, install ralley pack dash cluster from an Olds Omega, Stock seats installed, drive it for a few more years, virtually no oil pressure even with booster plate and HV oil pump kit, drive it for a few more years and give up on seizing the engine and yank it for a Buick 455 and TKO-600. And that's where we're at today It's been throughly abused, unfortunately I never took it for a 1/4 mile run with the old six but with a 0-60 time in the 12 second range it would have only been funny.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

that would be my 1968 Firebird . Still have it and its going through surgery. But so is every car I own

Then...

Now...

Comment

first transportation was a 70 cb350 honda in 72 or 3... it was like new and nice... and I kept it looking that way most its life... even after stuffing some wicked parts in that stupid motor... the car... 1956 Chevrolet 2 door 210 wagon... that I owned 3 yrs and did more work to then everything I've ever owned since except the Camaro...

Sold it to my best freind... who basically did nothing to it... for years...

K

Comment

1971 Mustang 429SCJ-R drag pack convert. Still have it
                              Better yet was my wifes first car. On the day of her 16th birthday she got her lic in the morning, then went out and bought her fist car. A 1970 Superbird,$2800! Unfortunatley when her father got home that night...well strong words were exchanged and he drove her and the 'bird back to the dealership,to get her a practical car!!
                              Every now and then she reminds him of this and what they are worth now but it just goes right over his head. Sadly I didn't know her then,might have been able to have done something. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X