No announcement yet.

Ever had parts show up out of the blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had parts show up out of the blue?

So I get to my shop yesterday evening to find a set of 302 E6 dated heads that look like they've just been pulled off a 200k engine - cork valve cover gaskets still mostly stuck to the heads, fully assembled, rocker arms, etc, one head still had the ground strap attached, the other had the smog tube filled with JB weld.....

there they were just sitting there all grungy on the slab outside the shop - no explanation whatsoever?..???

Anybody else have people just drop off parts unannounced?

I called Aaron and Seth - neither of them appear to have anything to do with these landing there, no emails or voicemails from anyone else..... ???
    There's always something new to learn.

Re: Ever had parts show up out of the blue?

Somebody once put three huge pumpkins in the back of my pickup truck, just before Halloween. I still don't know who.

Comment

Almost unanounced, a guy said he would drop off some Eagle hubcaps to me, and after a couple of weeks I forgot about it, he showed up with 2 sets one day, and also helped me sort out some of the wiring

When I worked at the repair shop somebody gave my boss a free 302 block, somebody he didn't even know, from a mid 90s F150 he said, he had some parts laying around, built it up, ran strong, and sold it for 3K
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Last week UPS dropped of a complete exhaust system for the guy that sits next to me.... the exact same kind that he bought and received over 3 months ago. :D
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I have random sandrails show up outside my shop. Problem is they are always broken and the perps expect them to be fixed. :
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I guess I'm not complaining - but if they were going to drop off parts at least they could have been good ones! ;D
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Parts? I had a couple whole cars dropped off.... I bought 12 3rd gen camaros... I sold 22 I have no idea where the rest came from (trust me, they weren't prizes)..... private access, had to drive by a house, put in a huge field....
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I came home from the USAF on leave and tripped over a complete engine that wasnt there before. It turned out to be a rebuildable 455 Pontiac. No idea where it came from, but it was in my pile of engines so now it is mine and the block is machined and waiting for a 4.5" stroker kit.

Comment

Not exactly, but sort of. We left the car unlocked at a party and when we got home we found an accordion in the back seat. Neither of us drink alcohol, if THAT'S what you're thinking. Took months to get rid of it as ME would NOT just throw out anything resembling a musical instrument. It even seemed to play OK, if you can call the sound of dying cats "OK".

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    Not exactly, but sort of. We left the car unlocked at a party and when we got home we found an accordion in the back seat. Neither of us drink alcohol, if THAT'S what you're thinking. Took months to get rid of it as ME would NOT just throw out anything resembling a musical instrument. It even seemed to play OK, if you can call the sound of dying cats "OK".

Dan
                    lmao - you win ;D
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I dont mine people leving me stuff. it's when stuff dissapears that i get
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I thought this only happened on 'Monster Garage'.....
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I had two BS t-shirts arrive today for some reason.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It was me.....I'm the parts monster....They were from Shawn Anderson via Min301.

Seth
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

@ 20 years ago I had 2 Centerline Wheels pizza cutters with tires show up at my door once . No idea who left them with my wife. She said he said he borrowed them from me and was returning them. Thought about it for a while and then it dawn on me. I let someone borrow these things 10 year earlier in High School and now he return them. They were in still in very good shape, lol, still have them today.

Comment

Working...
                              X