Valvoline Racing Oil on sale now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valvoline Racing Oil on sale now!

If you're familiar with the evils of current oil on our old motors, you know that Racing, or off-road oils still have the "good" stuff still in it. Racing oil never seems to be offered on sale, BUT Autozone has it for HALF OFF til the end of the month. Also, if you ask for an Autozone card, you get 1 point for every $20 you spend before tax. After 5 points, you get $20 store credit. So, I've been buying my 6th case for $8.25. And yes, I know there's certain things in race oil that's supposedly not good for everyday use. But, I've been using it almost exclusively since the 70's with no issues. You may have to wait for a new shipment if you live between Simi Valley and Eagle Rock. Oh, they do have user friendly 20/50W
    STUGOTS

Re: Valvoline Racing Oil on sale now!

Dad used to put Castrol racing oil in everything!
    Both tractors, both lawn mowers, the roto-tiller, all his bikes, his 4 wheeler, all our trucks, the donkey engine on the hay elevator....
    You get the idea - never hurt a thing.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

ill go check that out!!
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

not enough zddp
        for luddite flat tappets ;D

Comment

Cool. That's all the Buzz Bomb sees and I've had Zero issues with flat tappet cams. I see a few cases in my immediate future. BTW - am I the only one old enough to expect a "case" of oil to hold 24 quarts?

Spidey - I add a can of GM EOS for the first load of oil. So far, OK.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
            Cool. That's all the Buzz Bomb sees and I've had Zero issues with flat tappet cams. I see a few cases in my immediate future. BTW - am I the only one old enough to expect a "case" of oil to hold 24 quarts?

Dan
            SO GLAD YOU BRING THAT UP!!!! YES, 24 qts in a case is what I remember too
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
              Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan
              SO GLAD YOU BRING THAT UP!!!! YES, 24 qts in a case is what I remember too
              I feel younger... thanks old fellers ;)
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

from swheaton on team chevelle - he paid to get oil tested

"As already suggested,why not run the valvoline's V1 20-50 race oil (avail in auto zone/adv auto/pep boys/napa) with its approx 1400ppm zddp lvl vs b-penns 650 ppm zddl ,and i think the valvoline is a littl cheaper too and is just fine for you mild perf bbc IMHO"
                hee hee thought it was the other way around

Comment

quoting someone

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    quoting someone
                    There's something real wrong with you doode
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho

"As already suggested,why not run the valvoline's V1 20-50 race oil (avail in auto zone/adv auto/pep boys/napa) with its approx 1400ppm zddp lvl vs b-penns 650 ppm zddl ,and i think the valvoline is a littl cheaper too and is just fine for you mild perf bbc IMHO"
                      hee hee thought it was the other way around opu
                      I sure hope someone understands you. Because on my end, it's like you're ####ing talking Chinese. And if the moderators don't like me saying ####....then let them explain what the #### you're saying half the time
                      LOL, I can't stop laughing long enough to type-
                      ppm=parts per million
                      zddp=zinc dialkyldithiophosphate
                      b-penns= Penn Grade 1? High Performance Oils

The Brad Penn? Penn Grade 1? High Performance Oils contain the higher level of anti-wear (ZDDP ? zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) and enhanced film strength so critical to proper high performance engine protection. The Penn-Grade 1? oils ?typical? 1,500 ppm Zinc (Zn) and 1340-1400 ppm Phosphorus (P) content provide the needed anti-wear protection to critical engine parts, such as piston/cylinder walls, roller cams under heavy valve spring pressure and especially those that employ a solid ?flat tappet? type system. As important as the chemistry is to the Penn-Grade 1? oils, it is by no means the whole story. The unique base oil cut used to refine the Penn-Grade 1? High Performance Oils maintain a tremendous affinity to metal surfaces. This naturally occurring ?metal wetting? characteristic enables the oil to stay put on your highly stressed engines and makes the Penn-Grade 1? High Performance Oil resist slinging for an extended period of time. Also, rest assured in knowing that the Penn-Grade 1? High Performance Oils are 100% Made in the USA.

Comment

not enough zddp

So does it or does it not have enough Zinc additive in it?

Comment

See, that why I hang out here. A thread about oils and I'm laughing my ass off.... :D

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                            not enough zddp

it does for now,,
                            and groucho, if spidy's post was confusing then read up

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                              Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                              not enough zddp

it does for now,,
                              and groucho, if spidy's post was confusing then read up

I'm told that the deisel oils (Delo/Rotella) now have the zinc deleted from them like all the rest of motor oils
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X