The Air Force Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Air Force Museum

This is a PowerPoint show. I really enjoyed it, hope some of y'all will as well.

http://weeville.com/USAF_Museum.pps
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: The Air Force Museum

Evidently I can't open this. Bummer.

BTW - Has anyone seen the B47 (I think it is) on static display just over the Georgia line from SC on I95? As I understand it, it was our first jet bomber. It's pretty cool looking but was replaced by the B52 when the AF decided it needed BIGGER. I drive past it when I drive down to Mom's.

Dan

Comment

i live less than 10 minutes from this place.the exhibits change all the time...meaning they add more.absolutely can't beat it for free.they are trying to get a space shuttle now.
      other shows outside include a kite flying display,which is something to see.they also have some kind of a national RC plane fly- in,with some of the most detailed planes you could imagine.

Comment

I miss the Air Force, it was nice being part of something so big and worthwhile. I felt like I was part of a huge family. When I got my eyes fixed at Wright Patterson AFB I didnt get to go over and check out the museum. I should do that with my kids one of these summers.

The Strategic Air Command Museum outside Omaha is pretty awesome as well, but not nearly as big as the USAF Museum. I took my kids to the SAC museum and I couldnt get them out of the B52 cockpit display. They were awed at the B36 in there, that sucker is HUGE. They liked the C5 I took them out to look at on the flight line one day too. Got pics of them with the Blue Angles when they were very little, standing under the nose of one of the F/A18s.

Comment

Working...
        X