vindication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vindication

i tell ya there is nothing like doin' a buck thirty on water with no windshield, a pair of sunglasses on your face, a hot chick in a bikini in the bucket seat next to ya and no cops in sight. the places I hang out at on water are crawling with hot rod boats. Everything from blown alcohol hydros to nitrous motor vee bottoms.

as for the junk reference in my info...most of my vehicles are pretty crappy and unfinished, the race boat-not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm not worthy!

I've seen some crazy crashes in those things -- pilot carefully!
      my life jacket has a parachute attached to it. i hope that's enough protection. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
        that is 400% bangshift approved!!!

Gotta love he guys at Westech too. Truly a great place to spend a day tuning and tweaking! Brule and Ernie absolutely rule!
        they are truly a great bunch of people. i've learned a ton over the years from Brule. The guy is a fountain of knowledge.

Comment

Best pass with the old combo was a 7.81 in the quarter. I'm hoping to go 7.60 this season.

Comment

Jeebus!
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by stmike
              its previous best was 1030 at 7100 rpm. after several cam swaps and a new intake manifold it put up 1164 hp@ 7,600 rpm and 890 lb-ft

it's goin in this:
              who knew burnt taco could float

;D

its a mini truckin thang
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Freaking Burle..... he's just sucking in your knowledge.... ( how's his wife doing? )

( and yeah... I love hanging out there... )

Comment

Wow, that is so nice.

So, want to share any information on why you think the cam and mani change helped so much?

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
                    Originally posted by stmike
                    its previous best was 1030 at 7100 rpm. after several cam swaps and a new intake manifold it put up 1164 hp@ 7,600 rpm and 890 lb-ft

it's goin in this:
                    who knew burnt taco could float

;D

its a mini truckin thang
                    hey charles,

I dont have any pics handy but its a total mini-truck inside. lol

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                      Freaking Burle..... he's just sucking in your knowledge.... ( how's his wife doing? )

( and yeah... I love hanging out there... )
                      For sure i've sucked up everything I know about engines from Steve. Tracy is doing just OK. We all wish she was back to her normal self though.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                        Wow, that is so nice.

So, want to share any information on why you think the cam and mani change helped so much?
                        the engine always made decent power, but had serious distribution issues with the corner cylinders when I ran a single four barrel intake. The corners would run up to 3 ratio leaner than the middle cylinders, which sucked. It wasn't hurting anything by driving it around that way but it certainly wasn't conducive to making power. With the fogger system on, I simply staggered the jetting to get the plugs looking good when I hit the n20 button and the engine was happy. For example, Id run a 24f/26N in the corner nozzles and a 24f/32n in the middle nozzles, which is pretty drastic.

The new intake fixed the distrubtion problem and I no longer have to stagger the jets like before. The new cam has milder ramps and more duration but a bit less lift than the others Ive ran and the engine really seems to like it.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X