We went fishing this morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We went fishing this morning...

Why to I always do that? I opened my big mouth and blew my night of fishing. I told Don I would take pics of the fish I caught tonight so he could drool...

... After 2 hours at the lake, I caught one little smallmouth that was AT BEST 8" long.

I jinxed myself.

There were many people out fishing tonight, but the only thing biting was the mosquitos.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Its called Karma Mr Ward ;D ;D Them damned mosquitoes were out tonight. Little suckers ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
        Originally posted by peewee

But the fried crappie....ohhhhh man. That's the best meal on earth, according to me.

Ah, the venerable crappie. Around here we call them "lake potatoes." They taste like whatever you cook them in.

Now if you want some FINE fish eating, try some walleye. MMMMMM..... yeah, that is the ticket!

Ron

And a walleye tastes like nothing, very plain, at least crappie has some flavor if you cook them the same way......

Comment

Okay now we have it. The BangShift Fish War.

Crappie is best.

Bream is pretty good if you never tasted crappie. Real sweet, but tougher to chew.

Catfish - depends on the fish and how it's prepared.

Red snapper fried light....let me re-think the crappie thing...that MIGHT be the best

Smoked salmon .... that's in the running

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

They look like this, PW:

Yes, those are teeth. Probably more than most people have seen in Arkansas.

;D

Ron

Ron,

I know the walleye is a Yankee fish, and readily admit that I am just plain unexperienced with them. But I have to ask....do they all come with a matchstick in their mouth like that? I'm sorry, I've just never seen one.

pw
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Matchstick is optional I beleive ;D

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
                Matchstick is optional I beleive ;D
                No the seafood place was out of toothpicks is all.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by truckpuller
                  Originally posted by peewee

But the fried crappie....ohhhhh man. That's the best meal on earth, according to me.

Ah, the venerable crappie. Around here we call them "lake potatoes." They taste like whatever you cook them in.

Now if you want some FINE fish eating, try some walleye. MMMMMM..... yeah, that is the ticket!

Ron

And a walleye tastes like nothing, very plain, at least crappie has some flavor if you cook them the same way......
                  Oddly, I feel the same way about crappie. To each his own.

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                  X