Thank you, Groucho... sincerely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Groucho... sincerely

A few years ago here at BS, Groucho and HotRodLadyCrusr were bantering back and forth regarding some events they were attending. Groucho, in his own way, mentioned that he hears it a lot that people don't attend events and work on their cars because of money issues. He said that's bull butter-- when he wants something he don't have the money for he takes on some extra work and makes it happen.

Recently I've been taking on some extra work, making a few bucks to play with on the old junkers. Its working nicely, and my wife is delighted because I am no longer asking for extra money out of our regular budget for that stuff.

Thank you, Groucho. You are an inspiration to this young punk. You, sir, are an enabler. Happy shifting!
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: Thank you, Groucho... sincerely

Now you have to show us the old junkers you are working on ;D
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

that only works till the wife gets pissed that your never around and always working.
      trust me I know this first hand with my 100-110+ hour weeks

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        that only works till the wife gets pissed that your never around and always working.
        trust me I know this first hand with my 100-110+ hour weeks
        Yeah... that would make for some marital strife. I couldn't subject my best friend to that kind of neglect.

My pace is more like a Saturday morning once or maybe twice a month.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

when I was a kid , using pop's driveway in upscale westchester county , ny , I was a sidework maniac ...extra 400-500 a week
          nice
          now , spend at least 60 hours at the chevy dealer , 6 days a week ..digging for scraps

Comment

I've met Amy. I wouldn't neglect her either! She's a sweetie.

Sounds like you've hit a good balance, Gene.

Dan

Comment

Having side earned money is a good thing when you can get it and it doesn't start to run you.

Too bad you live so far away - I'd be more than happy to have you install those overhead doors in my shop!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                Having side earned money is a good thing when you can get it and it doesn't start to run you.

Too bad you live so far away - I'd be more than happy to have you install those overhead doors in my shop!
                I would love to put them up for you!

Comment

Yea Gene is screwed I won't have any one else put a door in for me!!!

Steve
                  Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal
                    Yea Gene is screwed I won't have any one else put a door in for me!!!

Steve
                    That's great! Is that door on your dad's house still going up & down?

Comment

yes sir it is!!!!!
                      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                        A few years ago here at BS, Groucho and HotRodLadyCrusr were bantering back and forth regarding some events they were attending. Groucho, in his own way, mentioned that he hears it a lot that people don't attend events and work on their cars because of money issues. He said that's bull butter-- when he wants something he don't have the money for he takes on some extra work and makes it happen.

Recently I've been taking on some extra work, making a few bucks to play with on the old junkers. Its working nicely, and my wife is delighted because I am no longer asking for extra money out of our regular budget for that stuff.

Thank you, Groucho. You are an inspiration to this young punk. You, sir, are an enabler. Happy shifting!
                        Thanks(?) ;D
                        STUGOTS

Comment

hmmm , if I only had a garage
                          ken squier pronounces it gararge

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                            Originally posted by Schtauffer

Thanks(?) ;D
                            That's the only way I can do what I want with my car. Working my days off, working on friend's rides, etc.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X