OUCH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH!!

Seems to me the kid got off pretty lucky.....

Re: OUCH!!

Uh-oh. Seth, get yer earplugs ready....
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
      Uh-oh. Seth, get yer earplugs ready....
      ;D ;D.What Peewee means Seth,is that this was posted yesterday ;)

Comment

this is the kids punishment :

[quote]Later this summer, based on his schedule, my son will attend Apex driving school, where he will be trained in advanced car control and learn to drive a standard transmission.

Comment

Fair question then....what would YOU do to punish him?
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I ran my Dads Datsun 510 into the garage when I was 14. My punishment was Dad bought me a dent puller and some body tools so I could fix the car. That car wasn't $2000 brand new, and garage wasn't badly damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Yeah. great question..

My son would have a job and pay off the deductable and then be grounded for a period of time to be determined when I feel like it. He would also be responsible for apologizing, IN WRITING, to Porsche. I also think 30-40 hours of community service would be in order.

I would hold my yelling to a minimum. Yes, I would get my point across, but wouldn't want him to think I am an asshole. I am, afterall, NOT the one who crashed the car, but I AM the one responsible for making sure he understands the complications and responsibilities.

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                Yeah. great question..

My son would have a job and pay off the deductable and then be grounded for a period of time to be determined when I feel like it. He would also be responsible for apologizing, IN WRITING, to Porsche. I also think 30-40 hours of community service would be in order.

I would hold my yelling to a minimum. Yes, I would get my point across, but wouldn't want him to think I am an asshole. I am, afterall, NOT the one who crashed the car, but I AM the one responsible for making sure he understands the complications and responsibilities.

Ron
                you tree'd me ;D

Comment

Make him drive a Yugo.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                    Make him drive a Yugo.
                    Ummm... And who will be responsible for finding a running Yugo?
                    Me?

HA! Good one!

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
                      Originally posted by Ron Ward
                      Yeah. great question..

Ron
                      you tree'd me ;D
                      After reading the article, I agree with Ron.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's similar to when one of my sister's cheerleader team forgot the clutch when starting her Pinto and put it through the garage door. She took out the lower two sections of the door when the car went through up to the windshield. Her Dad made her pay for the fix and she came over to repaint the door.

Everyone jumped on her for the lack of talent as a driver, but everyone was impressed by her willingness to take responsibility and fix the damage.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My friend Dana worked at a car wash/detail shop in high school. One day it was about 90 degrees and he decided to start a customer's Isuzu Trooper and run the ac to cool off. Dana was/is a car guy and had a 5-speed Camaro at the time. He was cooling off in the Trooper, clutch depressed when the DING bell went off at the car wash (which was one of our friends jumping on it to bust his balls). Without thinking he took his foot off the clutch and launched ther Trooper through the office area of the detail shop.

He worked there until he paid it off and then they fired him.

I missed backing through my parent's garage door with dad's 8N while plowing snow one day by about an inch. THAT was a close one.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Shortly after I started at the Buick dealer (1964) we had a 4 speed 4 door Special sedan (215 V8 - belonged to a guy at the GMPG who bought it to be a sleeper). I was not quite 16 yet. I was trying to take it out of the back stall and pranged the pointy little end of the LF fender. The boss took it to the body shop and I worked for free to pay it off. I think he knew how bad I felt as I never did really get the butt chewin' I had earned. We did, however, have a heart-to-heart chat. He did not can me and I ended up working there, off and on, for several years.

A few months later he dropped a car off the hoist, basically totaling a customer's LeSabre. If you saw the hoist you'd understand how that could happen. The other guys ribbed him pretty hard about it but I didn't say a word other than to tell him I was sorry that this had happened. He had more than earned a pass from me.

Dan

Comment

We all do stupid things. When I was about 18 and working in a Texaco station I was backing a car out of the repair bay after doing some service. I opened the door got in the car and started backing out and boom. Backed right into the center of a brand new Chrysler. The owner of the dealership across the street stopped in to see my boss and bang. I almost had a heart attack.
                              My boss looked up and boy was he pissed. I moved forward to separate the cars and he proceeds to start yelling at the guy. How the hell stupid was it to stop in front of an open bay door in the winter? He says. The guy moves his car I back out and stayed low for the rest of the day. He told me not to worry about it and made the dealer pay for the whole thing. I guess it pays to go the extra distance because he knew how careful I always was.

Lucky too! ;D
                              Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

Working...
                              X