Anyone in Cedar Rapids, Iowa area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Cedar Rapids, Iowa area?

The job in Kaukauna, Wi. fell through. By the way, Wisconsin International does have a return road, someone thought the cars came back down the track. Anyway, I'll know tomorrow if I'm moving to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. 4 dragstrips within a 2 hour drive. Are there cruise nights in the area? Car shows? Hemmings, my usual giude, doesn't show much. Anyone?

Re: Anyone in Cedar Rapids, Iowa area?

ProRauder is in Waterloo. that isnt too far. waterloo is right next to Cedar Falls. they have a decent drag strip, it is where the first episode of Pinks was filmed, also where I took my son to see "arm drop live" ...

any way, best of luck!!
    Charles

Comment

Beat me to it: ProRauder is 40 minutes from there. NITMARE is in Des Moines, maybe 2 hours away? You are close enough to Cordova Dragway which IMO is one of the best tracks in the midwest. I live about 4 hours from Cedar Rapids. It's a nice place, the east side of Iowa is full of great scenery and rolling hills. When Drag Week went through there, everyone on the tour commented on how nice that part of the country is during the fall.

Do it! and we'll meet up at Cordova when we're testing NITMARE's turboviper/stang,
      -Scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I go to Cordova now, but I drive 2 hours west to get there. Cordova, Eddyville, Cedar Falls, and Earlville are all a short drive.

Comment

I am trying to remember if it was Cordova or Cedar Falls when I met Scott. Hell, might have even been in Kansas City when he was working on the blue pickup, at the first Dragweek.

Any way, I am about 60 miles east of Scott, and Jason(nosbaby :-[) is also in Des Moines. I am down to watch the "dialing in" of NITMARE's turboviper/stang!
          Charles

Comment

I'm in too! ;) .... and its NOSBABY on here...not n2obaby

Comment

ummmm....oops?

Charles

Comment

Working...
              X