The Camaro Got HIT !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Camaro Got HIT !!!

So I'm doing some work to the sprinkler system yesterday and I run to the Ace down the street. I decide to take the Camaro since it's a nice day. I pull in and park in one of the spots that has the big concrete light pole base in it. I come out, get in the car to run to another Ace as this one didn't have all the parts. I never looked at the front of the car as I was parked in the space with the pole.

I go to the store a few blocks away, park in the middle of the lot and go in. When I come out, I notice the front bumper of the Camaro is pushed in and the grill is broken along with the passenger side headlight bezel....

No note, no one around....nothing. Some AZZHAT did a hit and run. I checked with some of the store employees (at all the stores) and no one saw anything. I had them check security tapes....the cameras don't reach that far into the lots.

I know the damage isn't that bad, luckily it didn't get into the paint, but Dam...how does somebody run into a hugger orange Camaro in a parking lot, and then not have the decency to let the owner know. Heck, the person that did it could have just paid for the parts and I wouldn't have even done a report on it.

SOME PEOPLE JUST SUCK !!!...Oh well, off to the insurance company to get an estimate.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Re: The Camaro Got HIT !!!

Mean people suck!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

that just sucks....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Bastards - !!
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

That SUX!!!! Years ago I accidently door dinged an old Ford truck,Waited until the guy came out and told him.No insurance claim as I had some Cleaner wax that took care of it. ;D You are right how can you miss Hugger Orange.

Comment

I bumped into my neighbor's brand new super duty a few years back....put a ding in his bumper....when he got home I told him about it and had him get an estimate. It was $800+, he told me that since I told him about it, not to worry about it since it was so expensive. As fate would have it, a month or so later, someone left turned him so he got a new bumper anyway.

Honesty is always the best policy!

Comment

That does blow
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ever ride a motorcycle on the street? "But Officer, I just didn't see him". Friends who work as EMT's and firefighters tell me they have some idiot pull in front of them every day and if the cops catch them it's the same story. "But Officer, I just didn't see that 45 foot long x 12 foot tall, bright red truck with flashing lights and a siren at 125dB". So can they miss a brightly painted Camaro in a parking lot? Here we have evidence. Probably pulling out of parking space while chatting on cell phone and eating lunch.

Bummer, though
                Dan

Comment

This is exactly why I have given up on having a car with really nice paint. They are just an idiot magnet.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

One of my contentions is that people worry WAY too much about paint quality on cars they intend to drive. A nice shiny job that looks good from a couple of feet away is perfect unless you're going for a Riddler. That's also why I favor base/clear. It's shiny and stays that way.

All that said, it's still a shame the Camaro got bumped by some moron (to all morons out there - no offense meant. I know not all morons drive around with their heads up their butts.....). (Next thing I'll be getting nasty emails from the Moron Anti-Defamation League).

Dan

Comment

Sorry to hear, I hate when crap like that happens.

Comment

Thats a hangin offense in my book!
                        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

are you sure you didn't hit the pole base you parked infront of at first ace hardware

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                            are you sure you didn't hit the pole base you parked infront of at first ace hardware
                            UH.........YEA!...I'm sure!!!

Besides...the concrete base would have left A LOT of gouges n pits...

Comment

I'm picturing a woman in an SUV, buying gardening supplies. Backing up while yakking on the phone..."Whoops, hit someone. Oh, it's OK. It was just some old car"

Comment

Working...
                              X