Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Camaro Got HIT !!!

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
    funny this goes straight to cell phone..
    parking lot crashes happened before the cell phone..
    but, it "musta been"
    maybe, it was a big landscape truck. that wouldn't even feel hit'n it..
    or maybe, just maybe it was a person with no insurance or lic..
    that bolted.. that never happens right, only cell phone junkies crash in parking lots >
    I have to agree with Ironhead, people were wrecking each other before cell phones. Yes, they cause problems, but it's just as likely someone without insurance. Could be a truck that didn't even feel it. Could be just a jerk with no respect for other people's property.

I hate people who talk on the phone while driving, and I give them snotty looks. There is no reason for it between all the hands free devices, and just caring about operating a car safely.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Crap !!
      Sorry to hear about that Dan ...
      :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        Could be a truck that didn't even feel it. Could be just a jerk with no respect for other people's property.

Heck, if you were parked at a pole maybe they thought they hit the pole.... Speaking of not feeling it. I was once rear ended by an Eclipse and didn't realize it. I had just about come to a stop when the car kinda jerked and I heard a metal *bang*, I honestly thought I had transmission issues and it hit hard going into first at the stop :P I drove away waiting for it to duplicate itself or show itself again, but it didn't. So an hour or so later I went to look under the car from the rear (I was in a parking lot with cars on either side) to see if it was leaking fluid or anything and I noticed the bolts under my bumper were scraped up along with some fresh scuff marks on the gas tank.....Then I distinctly remember seeing the eclipse behind me as I pulled away from the stop sign, I was looking for a trail of ATF that wasn't there, but the Eclipse was parked there and stayed stopped at the stop sign longer than someone in CA would.... Wonder what was going through their mind, "Crap, I just rear ended someone.. Wait he's driving away, did that old car not feel it?" :P Or they were thanking God the police weren't called :P
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yea...we'll never know what actually happened. IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS THOUGH!!! If the person did know they hit it and took off, I hope they get hit by a bus on their way to cash in a winning lottery ticket ....

I'm just glad my fears with the insurance company didn't come true.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Damn sorry about the hit on the Camaro. Good news on the insurance adjustment though.

I don't think it's a cell phone thing. Back in maybe 1976 I dropped a friend at the grocery store. I parked way out in the lot where I could see the doors and waited. No cars anywhere close. This "woman" drives in the lot, parks right next to me and BAM opens her door into the car. WTF lady? I chewed her azz and she just ran in the store like I was some kind of freak. I mulled certain "options" and decided to just leave and write it off to stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
              but, it "musta been"
              that bolted.. that never happens right, only cell phone junkies crash in parking lots >
              I disagree....I see assholes all the time backing out of parking lots on the phone....ALL THE F-ING TIME....one dumb bitch was on the phone walking out of the store...and when she got in the car and NOT ONCE did she turn around to look and almost hit a woman with a stroller and the bitch behind the wheel gets all pissy....
              and joe. that crapola happened before cell phones sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

at least it didn't take the fender and hood with it...
                wonder if the bumper brackets got tweaked,

Comment

I hope not ... I really don't even feel like messing with it right now... ya know?
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                    I hope not ... I really don't even feel like messing with it right now... ya know?
                    My grandfather once ditched a 1100 mile Buick because it had been in a fender bender.

I know where you are coming from Dan.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                      but, it "musta been"
                      I disagree....I see assholes all the time backing out of parking lots on the phone....ALL THE F-ING TIME....one dumb bitch was on the phone walking out of the store...and when she got in the car and NOT ONCE did she turn around to look and almost hit a woman with a stroller and the bitch behind the wheel gets all pissy....
                      and joe. that crapola happened before cell phones sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                      even still you cant say cell phones have not made it worse...but you will...for the sake of argument...
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                      X