People make me laugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People make me laugh.

We has severe weather here at about midnight last night. No tornado, but still plenty of rotation and there was the definitely possibility of one. Looked at the the local newpaper's site this morning and the usual peanut gallery of people are moaning and groaning about the city sounding the tornado sirens.

I guess they would rather have a tornado hit their home while they sleep. : Some people just have to complain regardless....
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Re: People make me laugh.

Tornadoes are nature's form of terrorism. A hurricane is, "Okay everybody, here's some havoc." But a tornado draws a thin line on the map and destroys stuff and scares the folks who were missed by it. That's terrorism. Random without regard.

The NWS is in a no-win situation, particularly in the midwest. Danged if you sound the sirens when one doesn't touch down, and even more danged if you don't sound them and one DOES touch down.

And today we have all the newfangled Doppler radar images on the computer that draw vortex symbols on rotating storms. That scares me to death to see one coming on the screen. Maybe that's too MUCH information? I don't know.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

it truly is beyond me why anyone would live in the midwest.... tornados, ice, snow, sleet, dust, heat, cold and nothing but the curvature of the earth seen over wheat fields.

that said in Seattle there's rain, snow, rain, ice, rain, clouds, rain, wind, rain, brief moment of blue sky followed by makeup rain..... I can't imagine why anyone would live here.... even with the view - the clouds obscure it most days..... ;D
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's a good place for land surveying.... no trees to get in the way!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
          It's a good place for land surveying.... no trees to get in the way!
          true but you'd only need one surveyor for the entire region .... heck, he'd probably never have to leave his office to do his work. ;)
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Try riding a bicycle across Kansas......the sign at the edge of town says, "No Gas Next 63 Miles." Never saw that until I got aout there. Funny, I don't need any gas on the bicycle, but I didn't see any gas in this little spot either.

Miles and miles of true horizon in all directions, that scenery is so unique in that regard, it's staggering if you've never seen it (as I had not until I pedaled that far). No human structures, so sign of human life except for jet contails overhead every now and then. But that was over 20 years ago so I'll bet the whole midwest looks like Vegas by now. No way there's gonna be that much land left undeveloped....

Comment

Peewee it is still a huge lake of nothing but fields. There is a reason I dont live there, mainly because of the winters and absolutely nothing for me to do and nowhere to do it. I like winters better here in the frozen north, and usuallythe summers are nice, it is already in the 90s here. Actually I could live anywhere right now and be just as isolated and alone, so geography is irrelevant to me.

I have seen 3 tornadoes, but usually they come at night. Not afraid of them at all, I am sorta interested in them and hwo they work.

Comment

I live in one of the tornado infested states, actually the worst one. After losing everything ten years ago to the biggest damn tornado ever, I'll put up with that siren 24/7 if it'll save my ass. We've had a few dozen since the first of the month and probably will get more. They don't really scare me, I get excited and want to chase the damn things for some reason. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                  Tornadoes are nature's form of terrorism. A hurricane is, "Okay everybody, here's some havoc." But a tornado draws a thin line on the map and destroys stuff and scares the folks who were missed by it. That's terrorism. Random without regard.

The NWS is in a no-win situation, particularly in the midwest. Danged if you sound the sirens when one doesn't touch down, and even more danged if you don't sound them and one DOES touch down.

And today we have all the newfangled Doppler radar images on the computer that draw vortex symbols on rotating storms. That scares me to death to see one coming on the screen. Maybe that's too MUCH information? I don't know.
                  I love the hurricanes. I remember a direct hit in rhode island when I was a kid, freak 100mph in the very town we lived in...knocked over some big pines (still alive today) beyond rhode island they fall apart. big cuddly warm and tropical...
                  a 70mph hurricane is a tenth of a 30 mph arctic. :
                  warmest cleanest water flying ...
                  Tornadoes are scary. knife sharp like intense.
                  The north, it has it bad.Everything recorded just looks like a humanly compatible number. In the long run, its worse than any storm known to man...all materials fail. everything is suddenly midget.. 100k btu furnaces.. big a/c...today for example.. 13k btu in a 15x15 room...ran for an hour to keep it to 70...just looks like casual readings..the contrast braeaks at everything. All six months apart like a bay of fundy tide...
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

the sign at the edge of town says, "No Gas Next 63 Miles."
                    Only 63 miles :D I should take a few pictures of the ones leaving town or coming back ;D
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55
                      I live in one of the tornado infested states, actually the worst one. After losing everything ten years ago to the biggest damn tornado ever, I'll put up with that siren 24/7 if it'll save my ass. We've had a few dozen since the first of the month and probably will get more. They don't really scare me, I get excited and want to chase the damn things for some reason. ;D
                      Okay, in the spirit of fun, don't know if all of y'all remember Sam Kennison, the large comedian who screamed all of the time. He was offensive and obnoxious. He talked about people starving in the desert. He screamed, "It's SAND!!! Nothing grows in SAND!"

But his punch line was, "LEAVE!!" Uhhhhhh, there may be a slight comparison there. Like, "That tornado was a whole lot worse than the last ten we had.".....

Comment

I wake up 6 times a night with train whistles from the CSX
                        buttholes

Comment

Try riding a bicycle across Kansas......the sign at the edge of town says, "No Gas Next 63 Miles." Never saw that until I got aout there. Funny, I don't need any gas on the bicycle, but I didn't see any gas in this little spot either.

Miles and miles of true horizon in all directions, that scenery is so unique in that regard, it's staggering if you've never seen it (as I had not until I pedaled that far). No human structures, so sign of human life except for jet contails overhead every now and then. But that was over 20 years ago so I'll bet the whole midwest looks like Vegas by now. No way there's gonna be that much land left undeveloped....
                          Where else can you set the cruise control and take a cat nap ;D ;D Hate to tell you but that area is still not developed and thats why I still live in Kansas.Anything west of Salina is as flat as my first wife. ;D You have got to like change to live in the midwest.I experience all four seasons.Nothing like having the heat and the AC on in the same day.If it was hot all the time or cold all the time I wouldnt like it.
                          Earthquakes.Screw that.Hurricanes and be stuck in the house for days waiting .Screw that .Give me a tornado.Sound the sirens and i'll get the aniimals and family in the basement.Then I'll get a beer and go on the proch and when I think its time to join the family and pets I will.I feel safe as I dont live in a mobile home ;D

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

skip to 6:00 to see my favprite scene from Twister

My cousins live out in tornado alley, they love it there, I would too, open roads where you can see if there is a cop for miles
                            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                              We has severe weather here at about midnight last night. No tornado, but still plenty of rotation and there was the definitely possibility of one. Looked at the the local newpaper's site this morning and the usual peanut gallery of people are moaning and groaning about the city sounding the tornado sirens.

I guess they would rather have a tornado hit their home while they sleep. : Some people just have to complain regardless....
                              Sounds like personal problems to me. Some people just like to bitch. Problem is that some people actually listen to the whiners instead of telling them to shut the hell up and go back to sleep.

I lived in Nebraska for twenty years. Seen plenty of funnel clouds and a couple close encounters with tornados. I can't count how many times I heard those tornado sirens go off at night. I'd get up, drag my pillow and blanket to the basement, then go right back to sleep.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X