Low, low, low mileage barn find - 1970 Chevy pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low, low, low mileage barn find - 1970 Chevy pickup

Check out the video - this thing is dang near perfect for someone wanting a classic bowtie pickemup.
    It only has 79.6 original miles! Spare had never been on the ground. Original gas in the tank?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Re: Low, low, low mileage barn find - 1970 Chevy pickup

79 miles on it.. but there is an old mobil oil change sticker on the door..?

Comment

While I can't speak for this particular dealer, some dealerships used a lube sticker to mark that they had done a pre-delivery inspection. It was not unusual for us to get a Buick with a door sticker when it came in for a first oil change. We did not do it that way, however.

Dan

Comment

love to zoom in and see the date on sticker..
        that mobil logo.. looks to new..
        back then it was the fly'n pentagas

Comment

It "could" have been maintained,even if its a low mileage one.

Comment

That is awesome. Check out this video from one of the people that commented...... said he was offered 35k for it lol.
            This is my 1970 Short fleet side Chevy CST pickup, What does CST stand for ? Custom Sports Truck, I got this pickup 9 years ago, So far I went crazy modifica...

Comment

seem to remimber way back cars/trucks came with break in oil that was different than its reular oil. Does still seem like they would have left it in longer than 80 miles , I still don't doubt it.

Comment

I could not help but spot the welds (haha)
                that grade of pinching went right into the 80s... :

I also remember if looking for a four core radiator.. those trucks were a source ;D

That must be getting a pretty penny...wow.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

loaded with EOS
                  old oil goes bad with time

Comment

I want somebody to build me a magic barn where for 40 years tires and rubber hoses don't rot. And mice can never enter.

Comment

Originally posted by 67BlueSS
                      I want somebody to build me a magic barn where for 40 years tires and rubber hoses don't rot. And mice can never enter.
                      x2

I smell a rat..

Comment

.........................had one 'o them thar sonic mice repelers that ya' plug in.........................ah yeah,yeah also keeps rubber from rotting to. Actually if you kept the rubber out of the sun and not in to dry a place it would probably like decent.

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiergta
                          .........................had one 'o them thar sonic mice repelers that ya' plug in.........................ah yeah,yeah also keeps rubber from rotting to. Actually if you kept the rubber out of the sun and not in to dry a place it would probably like decent.
                          nope, thats why the dot date stamps them..
                          they crack and check in a basement.. cool, dry, damp..
                          don't really matter..
                          I've got 8 goodyear eagle gt's 215/65/15's that haven't seen sun, or candle light, 64-68 * and 30% humid..
                          and they are checking and cracking, and the where never on rims..
                          and they are only half as old

Comment

Working...
                          X