20 mill if you can win Charlotte and Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 mill if you can win Charlotte and Indy

SPEEDTV.com's Robin Miller noted IRL CEO Randy Bernard, who "came up with the idea two months ago of a proposed doubleheader with Charlotte that would pay $20 million to any driver winning the Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600 on the same day, was undoubtedly shocked to hear" SMI Chair & CEO Bruton Smith broke the news Thursday.

Bernard "thought they had an agreement to keep it quiet until later this month when there would be a dual press conference in Indy and Charlotte with drivers from both series."

The proposal also is "not a done deal just yet and IMS owner Mari Hulman George has yet to sign off on it." Smith, who owns Charlotte Motor Speedway, Thursday was speaking to Speed's Wendy Venturini "when he prematurely revealed" the proposal.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/unr...ola_600_double

Re: 20 mill if you can win Charlotte and Indy

Where do I sign up? Now to get the car to pass tech.....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

ya know I have done nothing but watch those races on tv...and have not watched tv in a decade.

I had to look up indy500 to know where in heck they raced, and then looking up charlotte (where the heck is charlotte) not even the home page for the track says where it is...
      as if to be some big family clan that inderstands all lingo and can find the place blindfolded.

:

I assume local to each other...
      this bet has been brought up before has it not? ;D
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Indy and Charlotte are not exactly local....

Guys made a habit of doing this for years until the IRL decided to change the freaking start time of the race to go head to head with the NASCAR race....brilliant.

Now that the start time is moving back to 11am next year, they can do it again.

It's a FAR bigger win for Indy than NASCAR, but both sides will get some press. Indy will get notable drivers that people want to watch and the NASCAR ratings will explode if one of their boys has a shot at turning the trick for the double.

You can bet your ass that Tony Stewart will pull the double, probably Montoya, and hopefully a stack more. Will Jeff Gordon finally run the Indy500?

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Both Gordon's at Indy.... now that would be cool..... IF ONLY INDY WASN'T A STOCK "CAR RACE"!!!

Comment

Ya know that's pretty funny KT, Indy is more "Stock "than Nastycar.

Comment

Working...
            X