Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone going to watch the races today ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone going to watch the races today ....

I can't imagine this weekend without the INDY 500 and Charlotte... don't follow either series any more....but it's like a train wreck..... I gotta watch...

How bout you guys???

K

Re: anyone going to watch the races today ....

Watch the highlights of Indy , but will watch the 600 .

Comment

Like I said in HEMI's thread, anything with wheels. My #$^& Verizon DVR kills me almost every week with a lack of space.
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I will catch what I can of both races.
        terry

Comment

Hard not to on Sunday night in the Carolinas.Afer several Coors lights at the pool in about thirty minutes.

Have a great day everybody.
          Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Watched most of Indy. Had a B day party to go to before the end of the race.
            It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Nope - I just don't have the attention span to watch cars go 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round.......

In my drag racing days I always said I had a 14 second attention span (barely enough to run my own car) but I've stretched that a bit now I'm messing with LSR - maybe a couple of minutes.

Glad that Danica did well. She's been getting a lot of crap lately. If you finish 5th. in the Indianapolis 500, you can drive. End of discussion.

Dan

Comment

If you finish 5th. in the Indianapolis 500, you can drive.
                She's had three Top 5 finishes in six years. She'll win eventually.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

She is absolutely the most legit female to ever contend ..... simply based on her finishes...

I love Janet Guthrie... ( and Janet admires Tonya's Bville stuff... ) ( how cool is that ).....

But Danica.. simply has it going on...

Comment

No problem against female racers,
                    Patrick finishes 5th, ok, racing in general ,back in the day Derrick Cope won the Daytona 500, but hey, he was still just a backmarker in the right place.

Comment

derrick cope had buddy parrot in his corner and a randy dorton/hendrick's engine under the hood
                      things were gonna happen
                      saw the last 15 of the charlotte yellow wall - parade laps , the yellow walls at charlotte were more exciting than the "racing" -a parade !
                      my buddy is headed to lime rock tomorrow , all the 69 trans am paintjobs on the camaros and mustangs were entertaining , the grand am protypes are making their first appearance at lime rock park

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                        She is absolutely the most legit female to ever contend ..... simply based on her finishes...

I love Janet Guthrie... ( and Janet admires Tonya's Bville stuff... ) ( how cool is that ).....

But Danica.. simply has it going on...
                        I met janet guthrie at pocono when I was 12 , she was driving the #68 kelly girl chevelle laguna s3 and ralph moody was her crew chief

Comment

Boy Jeff Burton was pissed after the race.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

CURRENT WATCHING THE CUSTOMERS RACING TO THE DOOR

Comment

CONCORD, N.C. -- Only four days ago, Jeff Burton was singing the praises of controversial, colorful Kyle Busch.

After Sunday's Coca-Cola 600, Burton was ready to rip Busch's lungs out.

While older brother Kurt Busch was celebrating his first victory in NASCAR's longest race, Kyle was getting yelled at by Burton on pit road, punctuated by Burton's long finger, which he was pointing and jabbing in Busch's direction as he let loose a string of insults and threats. A couple of crewmen kept them separated.

Ah, but before we get to the Sunday quotes, let's review what Burton had to say about Busch during a press conference Thursday here at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

"Kyle, in my view, has never been a guy that wrecks other people," Burton said. "There's been a lot of guys that came in trying to be aggressive that have been taking more people out than Kyle ever did in my opinion. I really like racing with Kyle. We've had some really good knock-down, drag-out races, and when it's over typically we're all cool with it. I really like racing with him. I like racing with Kyle; I really do. I know he's going to be aggressive and I know he's going to come at me, but I'm good with that."

Uh-huh.

During the final restart in Sunday's race, Busch went three-wide into turn one, with Clint Bowyer (Burton's teammate) on the inside, and Burton stuck on the outside. Busch and Burton touched and rubbed, and the contact cut down one of Burton's tires, forcing him to pit and dropping him to a 25th-place finish.

More Motorsports Coverage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kurt Busch Wins Coca-Cola 600
                              Franchitti, Indy 500 Delivers
                              Video: Chip Ganassi on Historic Feat
                              Video: Indianapolis 500 Analysis
                              Results: Coca-Cola 600 | Indy 500"He's real aggressive. That's cool," Burton said after the race. "But when he starts affecting me with his aggressiveness, I just will not put up with it. I've been around here long enough. I just will not tolerate it."

Burton accused Busch of "making it three-wide ... trying to make something happen" on the restart.

According to Burton's account of what Busch said after the race: "First he said he didn't hit me. Then he said he got put there. Then he said he had to go. He was trying to defend himself and what he was saying wasn't making sense. That's OK. He was upset because I was yelling at him. He didn't mean to do it, but he's real aggressive and I don't mind that, but like I said, when it affects me, then I have a problem."

Said Busch, "He said I didn't race him very nicely. I have no idea what transpired there. I haven't seen the replay. What I remember was on the restart, the 33 car (Bowyer) ducked low ... and pulled to my inside. That forced me to the middle. ... I didn't get a whole lot of room. I was pinching the 33 as tight as I could, trying not to wreck him.

"I did the best I could. I don't know if I touched him or got into him. (but he) cut his left-rear tire. After the race he was just real mad at me. He said I didn't race him with enough respect, (and) if I'm not going to give him respect, he's not going to show me any.

"I said, 'Look, man, (it's the) last restart of the race. You have to go -- make some bold moves. It wasn't me that made it three-wide, it was your teammate.'

"Have a chat with him."

Comment

Working...
                              X