Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Autocross

First off: No pics. Damn camera... >

Anyways...finally got out and did it, running the Monte. No question, only a late-90's Volvo 760 was bigger than me. The temps warmed into the low-60's and the track was dry. Average pace for the afternoon course was 64.5s. I could only eek out a 69.7s time. That thing is counter-intuitive...it pitches. It wallows. It breaks traction at inopportune times. Not only is Trac Control undefeatable entirely, but the monitoring computer for the half-shafts kept stepping in to reduce my fun. The beast even once made a beeline for a 4-ft. deep concrete culvert at the end of the track.

Did I have fun? Yes. I even won the unofficial burnout contest at my first launch. ;D

Will I take S_G up on her offer to dual-drive her WRX next time? Oh, HELL yes.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Memorial Day Autocross

I was at a autocross as well over the weekend.. A PCA event... Driving a momentum car (no power) is way different when it comes to application of throttle... I was of the pace as it was only my second outing in this car... mid 55 sec where ftd was a 48 or 49 second pass... Old tires and not staying on the gas long enough or soon enough can slow anyone down, lol...

Glad you had some fun... If you would like some advice on autcrossing the WRX, shoot me a pm.

Comment

Trust me. I'm the only Chevy owner in a Subaru group. I'll have advice coming out of places I didn't know existed.... :D

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

First sentence, man!! Camera's data card had a conniption fit, deleted most of my rally vids. Don't worry, I might run it one more time next month, if I don't dual/drive S_G's WRX.

(Damn...can ya'll wait until I get MY OWN F&#@ING COMPUTER AGAIN?!! :D)

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
            Pics or it didn't happen....
            Dammit man! Kool-aid out the nose burns!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
            X