• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nesabo
    replied
    Re: 2010 BS EAST Get together

Originally posted by peewee
    Wow, so much stuff going on. The Power Tour is underway, or about to start - Pumpkin called me yesterady to say he's never seen as much corn as he was driving past in Indiana or somewhere, getting to the starting point.

And multiple Maxtons per year. And drag races and the salt flats.

From my perspective, this is all so cool, but it has to be a lifestyle. I had to make adjustments and move some stuff around on the calaendar to get to Maxton ONCE. And make some major schedule adjustments to meet the Power Tour in Chattanooga next week, just an hour or less up the road. But I was bound to see that, by golly.

How do y'all do it all? So MANY things, all the time, all over the map? Gyah-lee. I have a job that keeps me in one spot, and I have to keep it so I can buy beer. I'm envious of y'all.....overwhelmed at it all, actually. It's all got to be a labor of love.

What a lot of stuff going on.

I made it a priority to make the time for everything, wife, kids, then cars. Found that if I give the first two the attention they deserve, they understood that I need time to do things I want to do. If they want to come along the can, if not that is fine as well.

Leave a comment:

• IRONHEAD
    Guest replied

Originally posted by peewee
    Wow, so much stuff going on. The Power Tour is underway, or about to start - Pumpkin called me yesterady to say he's never seen as much corn as he was driving past in Indiana or somewhere, getting to the starting point.

From my perspective, this is all so cool, but it has to be a lifestyle. I had to make adjustments and move some stuff around on the calaendar to get to Maxton ONCE. And make some major schedule adjustments to meet the Power Tour in Chattanooga next week, just an hour or less up the road. But I was bound to see that, by golly.

How do y'all do it all? So MANY things, all the time, all over the map? Gyah-lee. I have a job that keeps me in one spot, and I have to keep it so I can buy beer. I'm envious of y'all.....overwhelmed at it all, actually. It's all got to be a labor of love.

some have understanding wifes, and bosses,,
    I'm not one of them :'(

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Bonneville is Aug. 14 - 20. I'll need a travel day each way. Not sure how Neal is comin' and goin'.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• milkovich
    replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    ohio isn't east
    Jim, being far away from the "Jersey Shore" or Scranton isn't a bad thing. ;D

Neal, July 17th the out-of-towners could hit the canfield swap meet too. Definitely a bang-shift approved destination. All your dates work too.

Even if I can't make it, put me down for my share of the track rental.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    ohio isn't east
    It's east of me.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied

Dan/Steve,

What are the Dates for B'ville in August?

Leave a comment:

• rightpedal
    replied

Dude it's Ohio! Do you ever really need a reason to go. ;D

List me as interested. It looks like I will be in Bonnenville mid August. A buddy of mine has bin buggin me to go to Columbus to pic up some of his junk with him. What do we think a Saab Sonnet 3 will turn at the strip?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

coldest winter in decades

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied

John
    Dragway 42 has an event on 8/21 so we will not be able to rent it then. Also the weekend of 7/24 there is an event.

So throw out some date folks. 7/31. 8/7, 8/14.

http://www.dragway42.com/schedule/index.html

They need a weeks notice.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied

Isnt there a old timey drag strip in Denton TX (its in way north TX, close to the TX-OK border) Maybe somethin could happen there ?

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

NED is only available for rental on Wednesdays. $150.00 per car.

Gene, who knew the ice was coming?! No worries, the country hearth was very nice. :D

I'd love to come out to this!

Leave a comment:

• IRONHEAD
    Guest replied

maybe the bangshift east office director can get his home track
    tho. ohio is more central to more people, it's not east..
    but is a days drive..

Leave a comment:

• Woodward_Dreams
    replied

Hmm this is only 3 hours away. too bad i dont have a car to take down the strip anymore... lol

Leave a comment:

• Schtauffer
    replied

As long as it don't friggin' rain/snow/ice like a mother... I still feel bad about that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X