Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    ohio isn't east
    It's east of me.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Re: 2010 BS EAST Get together

ohio isn't east
      Jim, being far away from the "Jersey Shore" or Scranton isn't a bad thing. ;D

Neal, July 17th the out-of-towners could hit the canfield swap meet too. Definitely a bang-shift approved destination. All your dates work too.

Even if I can't make it, put me down for my share of the track rental.
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Bonneville is Aug. 14 - 20. I'll need a travel day each way. Not sure how Neal is comin' and goin'.

Dan

Comment

Wow, so much stuff going on. The Power Tour is underway, or about to start - Pumpkin called me yesterady to say he's never seen as much corn as he was driving past in Indiana or somewhere, getting to the starting point.

And multiple Maxtons per year. And drag races and the salt flats.

From my perspective, this is all so cool, but it has to be a lifestyle. I had to make adjustments and move some stuff around on the calaendar to get to Maxton ONCE. And make some major schedule adjustments to meet the Power Tour in Chattanooga next week, just an hour or less up the road. But I was bound to see that, by golly.

How do y'all do it all? So MANY things, all the time, all over the map? Gyah-lee. I have a job that keeps me in one spot, and I have to keep it so I can buy beer. I'm envious of y'all.....overwhelmed at it all, actually. It's all got to be a labor of love.

What a lot of stuff going on.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
            Wow, so much stuff going on. The Power Tour is underway, or about to start - Pumpkin called me yesterady to say he's never seen as much corn as he was driving past in Indiana or somewhere, getting to the starting point.

From my perspective, this is all so cool, but it has to be a lifestyle. I had to make adjustments and move some stuff around on the calaendar to get to Maxton ONCE. And make some major schedule adjustments to meet the Power Tour in Chattanooga next week, just an hour or less up the road. But I was bound to see that, by golly.

How do y'all do it all? So MANY things, all the time, all over the map? Gyah-lee. I have a job that keeps me in one spot, and I have to keep it so I can buy beer. I'm envious of y'all.....overwhelmed at it all, actually. It's all got to be a labor of love.

some have understanding wifes, and bosses,,
            I'm not one of them :'(

Comment

I made it a priority to make the time for everything, wife, kids, then cars. Found that if I give the first two the attention they deserve, they understood that I need time to do things I want to do. If they want to come along the can, if not that is fine as well.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I'm thinking most of these guys don't have kids. I figure I've got another 5 or 6 years before my kids are old enough so I can do stuff like this.

Comment

We don't have kids, but WE can't do it. The anchor is the job. Can't leave at "any" given moment. Has to he the "right" given momnet, not always at my choice at all. I'm envious. That amount of freedom. I think that's what I envy. Not that I don't love what we have right here at the house, but .. The psychologists colored envy to be green. I don't know why, but that's the color they chose.

Comment

We don't have kids, but WE can't do it. The anchor is the job. Can't leave at "any" given moment. Has to he the "right" given momnet, not always at my choice at all. I'm envious. That amount of freedom. I think that's what I envy. Not that I don't love what we have right here at the house, but .. The psychologists colored envy to be green. I don't know why, but that's the color they chose.
                    I take part of that back - we DO have kids - a black one and a white one. A cat and a dog. A caretaker of a mountain campground we went to referred to pets as "living luggage." There you go. We DO have kids, if we intend to travel. Yeah, the arrangements orbit around them.

Comment

Checked out Beaver springs, most of their Saturdays are $38 test and tune... Options ...
                      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                        ohio isn't east
                        Jim, being far away from the "Jersey Shore" or Scranton isn't a bad thing. ;D

Neal, July 17th the out-of-towners could hit the canfield swap meet too. Definitely a bang-shift approved destination. All your dates work too.

Even if I can't make it, put me down for my share of the track rental.
                        yes , attended many a world finals at pomona , daytona 500 , southern 500 , sema show in vegas
                        ohio is too far west to be east
                        east is boston to dc

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal
                          Dude it's Ohio! Do you ever really need a reason to go. ;D

List me as interested. It looks like I will be in Bonnenville mid August. A buddy of mine has bin buggin me to go to Columbus to pic up some of his junk with him. What do we think a Saab Sonnet 3 will turn at the strip?

Steve
                          who has the saab?????????need any transmissions?????????
                          turn at the strip????? my sonnet2 got 40+mpg who cares how fast when it gets that mpg

Comment

Peewee - retired and all the kids LONG since out of the house and making kids of their own. There were a lot of years when I was in your shoes. I guess I'm saying that your time is coming - just get yourself old like me!

The pups are a bit of an anchor but we've made ours good citizens and can take them pretty much anywhere with us. The Pup is still learning but he's getting there. Cats, you cook and eat.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave
                              Originally posted by rightpedal
                              Dude it's Ohio! Do you ever really need a reason to go. ;D

List me as interested. It looks like I will be in Bonnenville mid August. A buddy of mine has bin buggin me to go to Columbus to pic up some of his junk with him. What do we think a Saab Sonnet 3 will turn at the strip?

Steve
                              who has the saab?????????need any transmissions?????????
                              turn at the strip????? my sonnet2 got 40+mpg who cares how fast when it gets that mpg
                              My buddy Eric inherited it when his dad passed away 3 years ago. It is a keeper although he knows nothing about the car mechanically. All I know is Jim (Erics dad) took really good care of the car and it runs great. I am interested in digging into this sucker.

So it looks like you are my new go to guy on the Saab questions. Thanks in advance Dave. ;D

Steve
                              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

So if i picked 7/31 who could make it? just trying to get atleast 10.
                                Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X