X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Super Stock Pontiac Stolen

For Immediate Release

Richard Killian?s 1962 Catalina Nostalgia Super Stock Racecar Stolen

Nostalgia Super Stock racer Rich Killian, from Orland Park, Illinois, has suffered a tremendous setback this past Memorial Day Weekend. On May 31st, his Bamboo Cream 1962 Catalina Racecar was stolen, along with the enclosed trailer that it was stored in.

The theft took place in the parking lot of Rick?s Racecraft in Yorkville, Illinois. The Catalina can be identified by the cream-colored paint, red Ventura interior and ?Super Chief? graphics on the rear quarter panels.

The 535 cubic-inch Pontiac engine is rather unique and is based on an IA-2 Pontiac block, Edelbrock heads and a Wenzler intake manifold. Photos of it are provided for identification purposes.

The Catalina is registered and street-legal, with Illinois antique car plates. The license number is 62INJN (Illinois Antique) and the VIN is 962W2877. The trailer is a white 28-foot Haulmark with ?ARC Environmental Engineering? logos on the sides. Its license number is 65591TD (Illinois) and its VIN is 16HGB28217H156139.

A trailer fitting this description was spotted headed east on Route I-94 headed east about 1:00 pm Sunday May 30th between Kalamazoo and Marshall. U.S. and Canadian customs and border patrol authorities have been notified. Any leads or other information would be greatly appreciated. Please call Rich Killen at (708) 460-7373.

Re: Nostalgia Super Stock Pontiac Stolen

Pics help a lot. A friend got his race car stolen in SoCal. There were lots of it all over the internet. Someone spotted it in Alabama as it was going to a paint shop. He got it back.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
      Pics help a lot. A friend got his race car stolen in SoCal. There were lots of it all over the internet. Someone spotted it in Alabama as it was going to a paint shop. He got it back.
      We're trying to upload them to this site but not having luck. in the meantime, they are available at:

Pontiac, pontiac GTO, gto, GTO Parts, Lemans, lemans, muscle car parts, restoration, Firebird, Firebirds, Trans am, transam, T/A, Esprit, Bonneville, bonneville, Catalina, catalina, GP, Grand Prix, GP, classic cars, f-body, vintage, weatherstrip, emblem, catalog, A body, X body, classic cars, reproduction, restore, gtoaa, POCI, seals, formula, T-37, tempest, chieftan, ventura, executive, brougham, star chief, doors, hoods, fenders, quarter panels, grills, bumper, bezels, radiators, hinges, hub caps, lenses, drums, dash pads, Air conditioning, pulleys, carburetor, exhaust manifolds, trunk, deck lid, glass, latches, switches, wipers, windshield, radio, seats, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

bummer
          neat car

Comment

I will keep my eyes open here in NY . Hope for the best.

Comment

Eyes peeled in southeast Wisconsin.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

I hate thieves.... wonder where the car will show up? Middle East? Russia? S. America?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Keep an eye on craigslist. Now once when I was at Long Beach swap meet I was attempting to buy a 12 bolt rearend for a very low price. A guy took me a side and told me I should wait a few min before handing over my cash. I did. Well the cops showed up and the guy selling the parts was arrested, the guy who told me to hold off was the real owner of the parts. All the parts this guy was selling was off the real owners stolen car. He recognized his parts and played it cool and called the cops and kept people from buying the stuff and walking away with his stuff till the cops got there. The cops collected all the stuff and before they left the already got notice that they found the rest of the car at this thief's house.

Comment

Working...
                  X