Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't feel like paying or waiting at a tolbooth? Just do a 'Dukes' and floor it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't feel like paying or waiting at a tolbooth? Just do a 'Dukes' and floor it.

Nieuws en video's uit de rubriek Video's. Betrouwbaar, gratis en snel op NU.nl, de grootste nieuwssite van Nederland.

;)

Or was it just a Toyota? :D
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Re: Don't feel like paying or waiting at a tolbooth? Just do a 'Dukes' and floor it.

What's Dutch for "Hold my beer and watch this"?

Dan

Comment

Re: Don't feel like paying or waiting at a tolbooth? Just do a 'Dukes' and floor it.

wasn't expecting that.

Couldn't aim for the safer path apparently.

I flew through a tollbooth once, I was dying. woke up in a rest area, car in drive up against a light pole...

nobody stopped, nobody checked, nobody at the tollbooth apparently. Twilight zone kind of evening.

(I was poisoned- like having a stroke) True story, and it is a weird one. I do not remember the last feet coming to a stop...unconscious.
      Upon awakening I took an extremely acidic "excretion" and only knew to find my home with half my body numb. I do not know how I am alive in today in fact...
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That was a drunk in Dallas.... not the Netherlands... in Holland they are high, not drunk ;D

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Was that a Prius?? :o :o

Comment

Chevy Impala
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Chevy Impala
              Could have been a Ford, seems they are having floor mat issues. :

Comment

I still think it would be useful to know the Dutch for "Here, hold my beer and watch this". Never know when you'll need that.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  I still think it would be useful to know the Dutch for "Here, hold my beer and watch this". Never know when you'll need that.

Dan
                  Dan, there's a lot to be said for that, especially for a man who travels as much as you do. Yup, someday, you may need to know Dutch for that phrase.

So trying to help you out as a friend, I did the research but my Dutch dictionary doesn't have a whole lot of words or phrases in it that relate to such things. I couldn't even find "Mustard Barbecue Sauce" in the Dutch dictionary, so I essentially gave up.

And then trying to tie the story together and trying to be the complete unbiased reporter that I am, I went to the Southern dictionary. I was actually surprised....no SHOCKED, to find that there is no Southern phrase for "Here, hold my beer." It's not in there.

Further research revealed that the phrase "Here, hold my beer" originated in Newfoundland. It's hard to hold a beer and do a stunt on a snowmobile at the same time. That's the limiting factor, and hence, the saying.

I hope this helps.....

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Re: Don't feel like paying or waiting at a tolbooth? Just do a 'Dukes' and floor

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAW
                    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Eagle, you didn't pronounce that exactly right. I heard the inflection. You're not from around here, are ya?

Comment

Re: Don't feel like paying or waiting at a tolbooth? Just do a 'Dukes' and floor

Originally posted by peewee
                        Eagle, you didn't pronounce that exactly right. I heard the inflection. You're not from around here, are ya?
                        Does being in VA for 5 months count?

I hate you, due to lack of sleep+insomnia+adhd (making it even harder to sleep)
                        I am at the point where everything is funny and I just woke my brother up laughing
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback

I am at the point where everything is funny and I just woke my brother up laughing
                          Glad to help wake your brother up laughing Eagle. Tell him peewee said hey.

I think you and I are the two odd chickens in this coop. I'm glad they keep us both. I've tried to get thrown out, but it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback

Glad to help wake your brother up laughing Eagle. Tell him peewee said hey.

I think you and I are the two odd chickens in this coop. I'm glad they keep us both. I've tried to get thrown out, but it didn't work.

PeeWee, Ive been kicked into better places than this....... LOL just kidding...... or am I

Comment

Seth, this place is completely grand. After all, I should be in bed but I'm doing this instead.

Where have you been? I need another rash of great jokes for the website.

pw

Comment

Working...
                              X