I FIXED IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I FIXED IT!

for those that read the technical section you may know that I have been having some issues with my A/C..the vents would close when I hit the brakes..not a big issue iff its in the 80's but when it is 106 it gets hot quick....well today...armed with a pocket full of givashit I went to looking around...I found a few breaks in some lines and repaired them...but still, not working...vaccum gauge to the check valves and canister showed they were working fine....but I noticed when I disturbed this bundle of lines that it got worse...so I pulled them all off and found a line that had been rubbing the trans dip stick tube...there was a super ultra uber small pin hole in this one...so I replaced it and it fixed the problem...holy cow...I was so excited I decided to charge the battery in the Fury and driver her around a bit...after the last week, I needed one small victory...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: I FIXED IT!

Score

Joe 1
    Car 0

;D

Congrats.....it's always a good feeling when you
    can run down an issue like that.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I know it...

I was driving around all day and it pissed me off enough to really dig into it...

I needed a break man, after last week, and the other shit going on right now...I needed a win

On a different note...I fired up the Fury for the first time in 6 months...i have been so digusted with it...I forgot how nasty it sounds...pissed of the neighbors a bit and fixed a few things that needed fixing...might even register it next week and drive it for a few weeks..
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Gotta get back in the saddle right away.....

good stuff!
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Score one for Joe!
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Good to hear Joe, when I worked on Benz's I worked on a lot of 107, 116, 123, 126, etc chassis and everything was run on vacuum. Little holes like that can be a nightmare, your a lucky man to find it so easily. 8)

Comment

*Hi-Five!* Hell yeah.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                Good to hear Joe, when I worked on Benz's I worked on a lot of 107, 116, 123, 126, etc chassis and everything was run on vacuum. Little holes like that can be a nightmare, your a lucky man to find it so easily. 8)
                LMAO..I have been looking for this damn thing for months...

Comment

Little victories.........

Dan

Comment

Way to go Joe! My extent of troubleshooting prowess includes one time when the remote control couldn't turn on the DVD player. So I changed the batteries in the remote. Still wouldn't work. Then I saw that the batteries in the package were very old. So I bought a new pack of batteries and they didn't work either. I'll just throw the DVD player away and get a new one, they're cheap these days. So I was crawling around to take it out and found that the DVD player wasn't plugged into the wall.

All that, and I learned a brand new phrase, new to me anyway, "...armed with a pocket full of givashit ..."

I'll use that one. That's a great one. I sure have never heard that one anywhere I've ever been.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

what is frustrating peewee...is no one seems to carry giveashit...the stores are always out...I guess its one of those things that just has to regenerate on its own...like when you get a hair cut...it will grow back, but you never know how fast and how thick...

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                        ...like when you get a hair cut...it will grow back, but you never know how fast and how thick...
                        Or, in my case, if at all...

;D

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                          Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                          ...like when you get a hair cut...it will grow back, but you never know how fast and how thick...
                          Or, in my case, if at all...

;D

Ron
                          HA, yeah..then there is that...mine grows slow....REALLY slow...and is thinning...both my givashit and my hair

Comment

pocket full of givashit....

PRICELESS!

that's funny as shiznit right there.

Way to go Joe!

i'm hoping for similar luck when I pull the head off the diesel.... perhaps just a bit of that turbo wheel will be wedged between the valve and seat, and with a new valve all will be well.....

Here's to all of us having a full pockets of givashit when we need them!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It IS priceless. And early into the "thinking about it" game, I think that a pocketfull of givashit trumps opening a can of whoopass anytime. It HAS to.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X