Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End-all most embarassing story involving a car. Let's see 'em.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End-all most embarassing story involving a car. Let's see 'em.

No way you're on this site and you don't have something to offer here. So here goes.

I'm 15, just before all of my home life hits the skids, and all is good with the world. I've got my '79 Caprice coupe washed, waxed, cleaned, sitting in the shady part of the lawn, pretty much taking a nap. A girl I had been seeing for a bit stops by, introduces herself to my mom. Mom seems to like her, points her toward the sled in the yard with two giant feet sticking out of the driver's window. She lets herself inside, and we sit and talk for a couple of hours, like well behaved teens. Mom sees this, doesn't bother being a nosy pain in the ass, just does her thing.

Sarah starts crawling around the car...suddenly she seems restless...and then she hits the backseat, gives me that C.F.M. ( :o ;D) look, and as soon as the thought of "..hey! That means that she wants to..." crosses my mind, I make a leap to the backseat.

I forgot to reinstall the dome light. Ever see the two pins that GM has to hold theirs on? Yeah. One is now in my back, after having torn about 4" down the center of the left side. I tried so hard to play it cool, this wouldn't stop me (damn right it wouldn't!!) but she saw blood and got my mother to look at it, who went to get my stepfather...

Mom drove Sarah home. Ronnie (stepfather) gave me a shot of Jack-he knew I was in it already-and tried to give me a 'we saw this coming, it's ok' speech while not busting a gut laughing so damn hard.

TOP THAT. ;D
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: End-all most embarassing story involving a car. Let's see 'em.

My cars usually only develope a rattle or noise just for woman, never physically attack me ;D

Me and two buddys were cruising in my '69 Firebird, when these guys we knew from highschool (we were a year out of highschool at this point) rolled up next to us at a street light in a 5.0 Mustang and started revving the engine. It was on 8) Light turned green and we layed into it, both pretty much burning rubber across the intersection, ran for probably a solid mile (if anyone is familar with Jurupa in Ontario, CA, long wide street in an industrial area) until the next controlled intersection. It was a stop sign, they were trailing the whole time, so I stopped and waited ;D for them to pull up. When they did they wanted to run again, but this was where I was going to turn right anyways and after a mile didn't feel I needed to prove anymore, so we go on our merry ways..... but almost as soon as I make the right my car starts miss firing and I start thinking, "Crap I broke the engine", but on the bright side I did win the race :-\ Turns out I ran out of gas ;D that was a little embarassing to the two friends that were with me. We ended up walking 3 or 4 miles to the nearest friends house to pick up a gas can and his car. To go from a high to a low like that, almost wished something had broke, but the gas was cheaper. 8)
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

EVER HAD A CAR FALL OFF THE TRAILER?.........I HAVE! :-[

When my wife and I moved up here about 6 years ago we rented a 14 foot U-HAUL and a 2 axle car trailer. After stuffing 80 or 90 metric tons of crap into the truck, I carefully loaded my "project" Montego onto the trailer, (OK, now I pulled a 48' foot flatbed for two years, so I know how to tie down loads) put the staps over the front tires and hooked up both safety chains. About 10 miles down the road I stopped to check everyting, nice and tight. After another 100 miles we pulled off the freeway to grab some lunch. When the light at the end of the offramp turned green I stepped on it only to see in the mirror my car "Magically" back itself off the trailer, I freaked! Luckily my friend was following us and was able to run up, jump in and stop it from rolling through the intersection. We were able to get it loaded back on the trailer and the only damage was a slightly dinged oil pan, but for the rest of the trip I could just imagine a big neon sign over my head flashing..DUMB ASS....DUMB ASS....DUMB ASS! Because I know if I had seen this happen to someone else I would have yelled "Hey, Dumb ass, tie your shit down next time!
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

A friend of mine in high school was dating a preachers daughter. The preacher was letting his daughter use the family car. He got a bit upset when he found foot prints on the inside of the windshield after one of their dates. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
          A friend of mine in high school was dating a preachers daughter. The preacher was letting his daughter use the family car. He got a bit upset when he found foot prints on the inside of the windshield after one of their dates. ;D
          Haha, foot prints now that's classic. Actually it reminds me of the police tapping on window of my Centurion once (think large bench seats ;D ) fortunately we were still mostly dressed. Seemed one of us nicked the emergency light flasher button on the bottom of the steering column :o Which became a "Hey Police, check this car out" neon sign, doh. Come to thing of it, that might have been more embarassing than my previous story. Gotta love the Good Cop of the Good Cop/Bad Cop duo.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My brother loaded his engine to bring to the shop into his Ram truck. He had it on a cradle with wheels on a taller stand. He was surprised how the truck bed was just the right height to push the stand up to and have the cradle roll right onto the bed. All was cool.

Weeks later, after getting back from the engine shop with the engine in the same truck and on the same cradle, he backs into the driveway and pushes the stand up to the back of the truck. Things don't line up like before (the truck bed is lower due to the engine weight). He gets the stand hooked up to the motor by tipping it a bit and was planning to push it upright as he rolled it off. Things didn't happen as planned and the engine took a drop right onto his leg pinning him to the ground behind the truck. He yelled at passers by for over 1 hr for help, but he couldn't be seen and nobody stopped. His neighbor ended up rescuing him and taking him to the hospital to get a cast for his broken leg.

Now he gets help when it's time to unload an engine from the truck.

Tampa, FL

Comment

My buddy and I were on our way home from a late work night. We were in my '61 Impala Bubble top and it started to miss really bad. My buddy wasn't a car guy and was always giving me crap about my "old" car, some people just don't get it. So he's blabbin' about why I don't buy a "new" car and I pull into a gas station to see whats wrong. It was dark and I popped the hood with the engine still running. I could see a big arch near the distributor. I noticed a plug wire moving around and like an idiot I reached back and tried to push it back on to the cap. I managed to knock it completely loose and stick my finger in the cap!!! I bounced around like a spastic for a few beats, hit my head on the hood latch brushed my finger tips across the fan. I ended up on my ass in front of the car. 3 or 4 people at the pumps are looking at me like I'm some kind of freak (I must have let out a yelp or something), my "buddy" is laughing like a moron and I have one burned finger three bloody finger tips and a big lump growing on my head. I will probably never live that one down.

Comment

Drove the Z28 to work one Friday and as i was leaving everyone in the shop is yelling for me to do a burnout.So i stop in the middle of a very busy 4 lane highway and let it rip.Right rear tire hits a patch of very slimey tar and preceeds to start wheel hopping violently.Not wanting to back off the throttle i stay in it and all the wheel studs sheer off the back right wheel and sends the 33x21 steamroller out the back of the car taking the quarter and rear body panel with it.Cop shows up and see's the 40 ' burnout marks and where it stops,looks at me and says"i don't even want to know what you were doing,lets just get this thing off the road".5 grand later the car was back to its original state.
                Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Hooked up with a girl at the local cruise weekend when I was 18. Drove out into the country (and where I am from is country) and onto an old set or RR tracks, minus the tracks and creasote soaked logs. We were making out and it felt like the car was moving. I looked out the window and notice the car was sliding. It slid into a rivene off of the steep incline that was just large gravel to support the tracks. Car slid at least 10 feet down and there was no way to get it out. We walked back into town 7 miles or so (listening to her whine the whole way about how she was going to be late getting home). Had to meet up with my friends so I could get someone to pull me out. They had the bright idea of getting a 4WD truck to yank me out. Two guys were argueing who had the baddest 4WD and both wanted to pull me out. The problem was that they wanted to settle this and tied the trucks axel to axel. After both trucks removed their rearends. I paid for a tow truck that pulled the fender off my Regal to get the car out. My life sucked right then.

Comment

Here's a classic case of police making an example of someone.

A cruise night I used to go to in Fulton NY started as a little get together and grew very large in a short time. I would go there and hang out, watching the burnouts others were doing, etc. Things were starting to get a little out of hand one summer and I guess they decided to do something about it.

I had flame throwers on my 63 Ford and met a guy there who had them on his 64 Ford. People have had these things on cars for years, but it was a cool thing to have in the early '90s. We decided to go to another cruise in Syracuse and before we left we would go down the road and then make a pass by the place with the flames on. We left and people noticed that the two cars that had flamethrowers on were sitting in a parking lot down the street. They started lining the road and shortly after we pulled out and drove by doing our thing. We didn't know there was plain clothed officers in the crowd.

About 1/2 a mile down the road we were met by police and pulled over and told to go back to the cruise night and pull in at the convenience store across the road from the restaurant where the cruise was being held. We did as we were told, and when we got there, there was even more cops. We were practically pulled from our cars, thrown on the hoods, handcuffed, patted down, and put in the back of police cars in front of about two thousand people.

I sat in the police station handcuffed to a rail in the wall for 3 hours and had my picture taken, fingerprints, the whole nine yards. Charged with reckless endangerment, (a class B misdemeanor) inadequate exhaust, littering on a highway(for dumping unburned fuel on the highway they said) They would have towed my car, but they couldn't get in it because I had locked the keys in it when they pulled me out and I had shaved the door handles. The car sat pretty low and the towing company didn't want to touch it. A friend of mine and his brother were there and knew the trick to get in it. They waited until the cops left and then moved the car.

I went to court the next week and found out that the misdemeanor carried a 8 month manditory minimum jail sentence. That plus the fines of a couple thousand dollars. I plead not guilty. I talked to the D.A. in the hallway during a recess before it was my turn to go before the judge. He screamed at me and the other guy, said we were F'N CRAZY if we thought we would get away with what we had done.

I got a lawyer, beat all the charges, cost me $400.00 and I painted my car a different color and stayed low for a while. If they wanted to put a scare in me it worked. I was 22, never been in trouble for anything and didn't like the idea of going to jail. The thing that really sucks is that I sold a little old lady fresh 65 Falcon 2 door wagon that was going to get a 289 4speed transplant to come up with the supposed $2500 the lawyer said it was going to cost me.

Well, that's my embarassing car story. Arrested in front of thousands of people, made the paper locally, and in surrounding counties. My buddies and I get a few laughs out of it now and then.

Comment

74 e-100 that i had just built a nice 302 for, 4.56 9", 3 on the tree . ran outstanding when i first got it running.(2 days ???) my dumb ass, i went through 3 alternators and 2 regulators. why? because i wired the thing back up wrong.(there were 2 wires that got reversed) lucky for me everything was covered by lifetime warranty. i wish i had some pics of it, it was nice, set up for camping and only "extra" it had was a/c. no power brakes, steering. and all drums. it looked good and after all that it ran great for about 10 years.

Comment

I'm driving home from college one semester with all my worldly possessions in my 72 Cutlass convertible. It starts backfiring like crazy INSIDE the Ft. McHenry tunnel on 95 in Baltimore. People must have thought they were getting shot at because it was LOUD. Cars were slamming on the brakes all around me. I pull into the toll booth after I get out of the tunnel and tell the lady, "I need to get to a service station, fast." Just then the car dies completely and I can't get it started. She asks me about ten times if I am out of gas, which I am not. Finally they got the line of cars out from behind me and somebody in a Jeep Cherokee with bumper guards comes and pushes me out of the toll lane into a dead area beyond the toll booth with traffic whizzing by on all sides. Wait a while for the tow truck, who proceeds to tow me to a pretty dubious looking shop in a VERY dubious section of downtown Baltimore. It's a Sunday night and most everything is closed. Not wanting to leave my convertible full of stereo equipment (college--worldly possessions, remember?) here, I call my Dad and wait for about 3 hours for him to show up with his buddy (a car guy) and a tow dolly. The buddy gets under the hood and re-gaps the broken points with a matchbook in about ten minutes. I drove the car home.

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I was trying to show off my new truck when I was about 18 and started doing donuts with a friend of mine in the truck. We were in a strip mall parking lot that had alot of trees and bushes, but this story doesn't end the way it seems it is going to. I didn't hit the trees or bushes...

BUT..

The trees and bushes were hiding the 10+ cop cars and motorcycles that were all meeting up for their midnight coffee break. They didn't even chase me, they just gave me the old one finger come hither. I didn't get a ticket, but only because I was in the military and they were all laughing at how stupid I was so hard that they write the citation. They weren't even good donuts. Just goes to show that cops are magnetically attracted to donuts of all kinds. ;D
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                          X